AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How can I get this message to leave me alone and start ads back up?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This message is a nuissance...

Your ads may stop running soon because your prepaid balance is almost depleted. 
Make a payment now

and makes no sense!
How can I get rid of it and start my ads back up.

Responses that are not allowed... "Make a payment now"... I have a $70.05 balance.

Thanks for any assistance!

Re: How can I get this message to leave me alone and start ads back up

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok, well that message is a pain because it's not true. But I have another message that I think is the cause for the ads not running...

None of your ads are running (Last updated: 1 hour ago). Can we help? See less
We noticed that all of your campaigns and/or ad groups are currently paused or deleted. If you're interested in running your ads again, the Google AdWords Team is available to address any questions or concerns you may have about your account....

Which is also a lie. My campaigns and ad groups are enabled.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello !

Is it just the message that is upsetting or are you not receiving impressions like in this case :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Billing/Your-ads-aren-t-running-because-your-prepaid-balance...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, at first... the message was annoying AND I wasn't receiving impressions. So I called Google, they assured me everything was fine and I was showing ads, the banners can take up to a full day to go away. After hanging up with Google I refresh my page and see... same number of impressions. Then I realize I'm viewing yesterday's impressions, change it today to realize I had 30k impressions and 39 clicks. So I guess it's not a problem anymore other than the annoying bright red error messages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Other than the fact that those 39 clicks costing me about $25 really earns me $0 on my website lol, hope to get my website to the point of making money. I'm not looking to advertise to anyone, but rather get some advice of what I may be doing wrong... http://cityspecific.org - maybe help me get a popular site going. It's like craigslist, but it's more localized and when you reply to ads you never reveal your email address, unlike craigslist.

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Good to hear that you got it solved  , others had bigger problems like having to open a new account and losing all the historical CTR data  Smiley Wink 

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

My first advice would be to start setting up a remarketing list from analytics with a 540 days time-limit for the cookies and adding a remarketing disclamer on your website, after that list has 100 visitors you can start using it in an AdWords remarketing campaign to send special commercials with discounts or special offers for previous visitors only. It is like reinvesting in visitor which you already "purchased" with your paid clicks.

This is the page with instructions :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611404?hl=en

The basics of remarketing :

1) Remarketing from analytics has the advantage of multiple segmentation with customized rules and it only needs a changed line in the analytics tracker.

2) You can track the visitors in all the partner websites in a Display Campaign, until they delete the remarketing cookie or it expires. It is useful to set a frequency capping to 2-3 ads per day per person, in order to keep a balance and not be agressive.

3) Setup multiple remarketing lists, one with all visitors, one with only the visitors who accessed a page, one with only those who completed a goal ( similar to a conversion in adwords but not the same )

4) The remarketing that works best is with the "shopping cart abandoners" , people who completed several steps in the website visit but not ended up buying, maybe because their credit card was not available at the moment. With remarketing you remind them to complete the purchase later. It is widely used with hotel reservations also.

5) If you have another website you can import the remarketing list from that website also in your adwords account, thus having more remarketing campaigns, one maybe with only visitors from organic / refferal / direct visits. This is a great way of using adwords only for previous organic traffic who almost converted.

Advice no2 : Learn to read into the search funel data, and change the bid on your "assisting keywords",  people who visited today may convert 25 days later, and you can see asisted conversions and the keywords who just helped, not only the "last-click" keywords

http://www.google.com/ads/innovations/searchfunnels.html

http://adwords.blogspot.ro/2013/02/optimizing-for-conversions-made-easy.html