AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How can I create an AdWords campaign without billing information?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

From time to time I contract teach and one of the subjects I teach is Web Marketing including AdWords.  In the past I've given a tutorial that goes through the AdWords campaign creation process to familiarize the students with the UI. 

Of course being students they are reticent to enter their billing information and this has not been a problem in the past.  However sometime in the last few months Google seems to have made this difficult by looping the billing request if someone neglects to skip the guided setup.

I found this myself through some experimentation and after the fact confirmed it via this article: http://liviah.com/2014/07/adwords-without-a-credit-card/

My question stands as: is there anyway to skip billing if one has inadvertently selected the guided setup?  

Some students would prefer to work with an existing account so they can move forward once they have a business up and running while others will often just make a mistake and it seems a waste to have to make a new account and start again just because of one step.

I appreciate any answers and thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CommunityMini (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: How can I create an AdWords campaign without billing information?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Conan,

I am glad that you are teaching Web Marketing (esp. on AdWords). Hope you and your students help more businesses in the future. There is no way, you can skip the billing if you have selected the Guided Tour setup. Only way, you should create a new account and click "Skip Guided Tour" at the initial stages of sign up itself.

If you are having personal as well as business needs, it is always better to have separate AdWords accounts. Use one Google Account specifically for business which can be linked with Google Merchant. Use a business credit card with professional contact info here.

You can use the personal Google account, for Blogger or Google Groups. Use a personal credit card and personal contact info here. Keeping contact info up-to-date always keep your account away from suspensions. 

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Cogan;

This is a nice question;

I will skip the technicalities of accessing the account without billing info. This is an issue that  has a solution for newly created accounts.  For that, try using this link:

g.co/etoaw.

However,  in principle - Google does not offer Adwords training  / education  accounts.   (To my knowledge, even certified trainers are not given). 

In this Google's approach is different from other major software giants. (e.g SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, IBM...) The logic goes back to the early days of Adwords, but it could be that it is  time to revisit the issue....

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! this solves my issue Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! I was just about to give up on this issue when I came across your answer. Life-saver!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This solves the problem. Thanks .

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank u it worked for me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! this solves my issue Smiley Happy ....This is very useful article ....again Thank You So Much.... 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Life saver link! thanks a lot. keep up the good work. we need people like you.