AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

How Google Adwords verify the billing address?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How Google Adwords verify the billing address?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Dinesh,

I think it's likely that it's verified against the credit card address like many other merchants would do. Most payment gateways do an address check to help prevent any fraudulent activity.

This link has some info  http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1047722 but I'm not sure how useful it will be for you.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Adam,

Hope your are doing well. Thankx for your reply, I'm managing some of accounts whose credit card and billing addresses are different, so i still have doubt on this. Sometime adwords stop showing ads beacuse billing address is not verified, but how adwords verify it?

Dinesh
My Blog

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi Dinesh,

I've escalated your query - our Support team will contact you shortly.

Thanks for your patience.
Rashmi 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot Rashmi !

Dinesh
My Blog

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Your welcome Dinesh.

Please keep us updated when your issue gets resolved or in case you need any further assistance.

Good Day,

Rashmi

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Hi DineshSEM, 

Thank you for the question. When billing information is entered, AdWords must make sure the information is accurate and complete. While I cannot disclose the exact process that we use, we do check for various irregularitites that would signal suspicious behavior. In general, these reviews are completely normal and are nothing about which to be concerned. Ultimately, we do these reviews to ensure the safety our advertisers.  Additionaly, turn-around-time (TAT) for such reviews is usually 1-2 business days, so these reviews are completed rather quickly. 

-Jeremy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. The problem i faced in last few months was, Adwords stops ads because client address was not verified (but address was absolutely right), main thing is that account got suspended after 6-7 days of running the ads, so if Google found address is not right then it should allow these accounts to run. Can you know what can be reason behind this.

Dinesh
My Blog
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DineshSEM
September 2015

Google Employee
# 9
Google Employee

Hi Dinesh, 

I can't speak for your account specifically, but that timeline seems pretty normal to me.  From my past experiences working with new accounts, new accounts can run for about a week before the actual review takes place. As this review is done by Googler and not-automated, accounts cannot be reivewed the moment they are opened.  On occasion, accounts can serve then later be suspended for review purposes, which appears to have had happened with your account.  Again, this is not unusual and is done to protect the security of all AdWords advertisers.  My suggestion for the future is if you see this messaging again, give your local support number a call (1-866-2Google in the United States) and we can try to expedite the review.  As a general best practice tip, always open accounts about week in advance of running ads. 

I hope this helps!

Best, 

Jeremy

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 10
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks, Jeremy.

@Dinesh: As Jeremy suggested, get in touch with the local support team in the future so you can avoid this from happening.
Zee
G+