2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me

Hi, How do i change the country in my account and keep balance?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭


I've created the adwords account 3 years ago, when living in USA. After that, I've moved to Russia.
My USA card is expired, and new one (issued by Russian bank) do not pass vaildation.
After that, my account is suspended.
I think the reason is because the billing address of new card do not match the billing address of account.

I found that the only way to change country is to delete old account and create new with correct country.
But in this case I'll lost all money on old account (not to mention settings and campaigns).
What options I have to solve this issue?

My customer ID is 7988470172

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hi, How do i change the country in my account and keep balance?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If you are still able to log in to the old account you could use AdWords Editor to export the account and then import into the new Russian account. Obviously, you would need to update, but it might save you a lot of time.

Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by topic author Anton E
September 2015

Re: Hi, How do i change the country in my account and keep balance?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

First of all you can't delete your account. You can only cancel it Smiley Happy


You can cancel your account at any time. This will automatically stop all your ads within an hour. However, you'll still need to pay for any accrued costs in your account. If you have money left in your account, AdWords will automatically refund it to your form of payment.


Because they don't delete your account, you can reactivate your account at any time and your account details will still be there. You can also access the data in your account after you cancel it because the account is still tied to your email address.


For more details visit


I hope it helps.



Anand Vishwakarma

Re: Hi, How do i change the country in my account and keep balance?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aonton,



If you have credit left over in your AdWords account, you can request a refund by canceling your account. Your refund will get credited back to your bank account or the credit card associated with your account.It can take up to six weeks to process a refund, or two weeks for credit card refunds.Also there are some requirements in order get a refund like


  • You have to cancel your account first (follows Avish's Advice above to cancel the account)
  • Only prepay advertisers can request a refund.
  • You can only request a refund for your full prepaid balance.   

To know more please visit  how to request a refund