AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Help with AdWords Promotional coupon code

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am creating a new adwords account for my US based client. I've a coupon code for INR 2000, but not sure if it'll be applicable for this client.

Further details:

Billing Address: India (I will be using my own credit card)

Campaign country: US

Time Zone: PST

Currency: USD or INR

Please help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help with AdWords Promotional coupon code

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
is "INR 2000" your coupon code? are you asking if this coupon code itself it valid as a code? or is your code good for 2000 indian rupees? (INR)

Either way. as long as your are marketing to the United states. And you are paying with your own credit card with the currency that's set for your account, your shopping campaign and promotion should work.

to promote specific items in your shopping campaign you must add a promotion_id column to identify which items are eligible to the promotion.

Merchant Promotions editorial guidelines
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2877565?hl=en#redemption

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
no INR 2000 is not code. the coupon code worth is Rs. 2000 (Indian currency). I want to set campaign country as US and currency as USD but as I am from Indian and I'll be using Indian billing details, will it okay for Google to use coupon for Indian currency instead of USD coupon code?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Hi Raj,

Thanks for posting on the AdWords Community. Your promotional code for the value of INR 2000 should be set up to be redeemed in an account with an Indian billing address only. Even if the currency is USD, it will just convert INR 2000 into the USD equivalent.

So based on what you're describing, yes it should work. Also remember, there are usually other requirements for promotional codes in regards to account age and previously redeeming other codes. As long as this is a brand new account and has never used a promotional code before, you should be fine.

Hope this helps & good luck!
Ari