AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Help for adwords billing issues! No refund!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I called to ask for some sort of help due to a video campaign that we thought was cancelled we received this response.  I understand if we should pay part of it because of their 4 month timeline requirement but on the very day we called to let them know our situation they actually charged us another $328.  I have contacted them to see if they can at least refund that last charge and this was their response:

Thank you so much for your patience today while I verified what was happening in your account. We were finally able to access the change history and saw that you had not paused the campaigns last year. In fact, we were not able to see any modifications on the account from March of last year, and until two days ago, where you paused the campaign. We also would not be able to offer any sort of credit, as because it falls outside of our policies to grant credits for a situation that fell out of a four month period. This is our policy across the board, although I did try to advocate for your behalf. 

You have paused the campaigns, however, so you should not be seeing any further charges from Adwords outside one last charge right around $1, then you will have no further charges on your credit card from us.

I am so disappointed in this!  I love Google and I seriously feel like they are dropping the ball on customer service!  Please help!!
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help for adwords billing issues! No refund!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Christina H,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

If I have understood you well, it's about account charges. You are claiming for refund because you believe you should not have been charged for that  amount in question. 

Now technically, if you did not pause your campaigns, charges are valid. Please also note that any change that you make to your campaigns into the account is recorded in the change history section. You can access it through Tools > Change History. If the change history is not reflecting pause of campaigns, you won't be in an position to request a refund. If the campaigns were running, you would be charged for those clicks/impressions (based on what you chose).

You can take it as a final decision on the matter as it is how it works.

Also, as it's an account specific issue, the communication/decision that you get from the Support Team would be final.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.