AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

HELP! 6 months same Payment error - An unexpected error has occurred. [OR-CCSEH-02]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been dealing with this ridiculous issue since 2016 with no resolution in sight.  What happened: the credit card connected to the Adwords account had to be switched because the original card was stolen.  So, no new charges could be applied to the card that was on file.  However, the software will not allow any admin to add a new payment to the Adwords account.  No matter who has tried it - including Google tech's, no one can get the account to accept a new form of payment.  EVERY single time cards are tried (different cards, different people, etc), same error.  

So, then came the letter from "Commercial Collection Corporation of New York".  Demanding payment - but they can't take it.  It can ONLY be done through the dashboard that will not accept payment.  Anyone else find this absolutely crazy?  The balance even changes.  The dashboard says $237.  CCC says $114.74.  This has taken 3 people on our side over 10 hours of time to correspond with Google, provide documentation over and over, and get the same response each time, "we are unable to help".

Of course, anyone we talk to at Google, we don't get anywhere and can never track down the same person again.  Here's just a few:

Laurie, Google Inc. | The Google AdWords Team | Google Marketing
Stephon, Google Inc. | The Google AdWords Team | Google Marketing Solutions 
Brandon | 1.800.826.9988 | Google Agency Account Development Manager 
 Per Brandon:
 I left you a voicemail a few moments ago - For Billing Issues, I can attempt to assist you troubleshoot over the phone, however if the issue cannot be resolved, we would need to get you in touch with our Billing team. They can be reached at 866-246-6453.
-Brandon

Screenshot attached of the repeated error.  We have no idea what to do next.  No one at Google seems to be able to help or shuffles us to a different department.  Billing just sends us back to Tech.  It's a big loop.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  All this over a few hundred dollars.  CRAZY.

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 4.08.11 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

HELP! 6 months same Payment error - An unexpected error has occurred. [OR-CCSEH-02]

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Samantha R,

Such issues come up in the forum from time to time. Just taking my chance now in an effort to help you. Did you try dumping your cookies and cache and try to get to the billing page again after 1-2 days of rest? A fellow forum member from Israel did just that and it worked out for him/her pretty fine back in 2012. 

***   An error has occurred." on billing page - HELP!   ***

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Billing/quot-An-error-has-occurred-quot-on-billing-page-HE...

Please refer to entries #1 and #8 posted by @yoav.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: HELP! 6 months same Payment error - An unexpected error has occurred. [OR-CCSEH-02]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did get a call from a Google rep explaining this is a documented bug for a small number of accounts. Have a fix in place so hoping that will resolve this!

Thanks for the suggestions. We had already tried them. Tried quite a few things since this has been going on for 6 months Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Samantha R, please update this thread about the outcome. 

Best

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wish I could say the fix worked but it didn't.  Waiting again for someone in technology to do another update/fix.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Huh, sorry to hear that, @Samantha R. Fingers crossed.