AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google send me an invalid promotional code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created a new adwords account today and received a promotional code the same day. When I entered the code to my account, it said that the code was already used by another account and is invalid.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Tony,

You should wait for a while and then try entering the code again. If still it doesn't work, you can contact AdWords support and they can investigate internally to see what happened: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7217785

In the meanwhile, please ensure that you are not trying to create multiple AdWords accounts and trying to use one time code across those accounts. That's certainly against the AdWords policies.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I've tried entered the code again and still got the following error 
"Oops, this promotional code was already entered in another account. Promotional codes can only be used once."

Then I tried to get a new code with another email, the same code was generated. That's mean Google generate the same code for two different emails.

I called Google support and the guy said the promotional code was generated by the marketing team and they could do nothing about that.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have not used the code in any other AdWords account,  then it should technically work. Just check around and see if someone on your team has already used it. Also, generally,  promo codes should be used within 14 days of AdWords account creation. 

I suggest you email the Google AdWords support team the marketing promo email you received and they could follow up with the marketing team to get you a new code. Hope this helps.