AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google adwords is a scam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Adwords is a scam!!! I have signed up for $5.00 a day in advertising, then it tells you to creat your ad. Did that next thing I know I've been charged $700.00 in less then two months. I've contacted them many time. Supervisors call back from India at night. I asked for partial refund they denied me. I talk to about 5 different people 4 emails. They claim I signed up for per click, I never did that. They also claim I have great number of clicks funny when I go to my web host and check the number of clicks don't see any. Not a one phone call from all those claimed clicks. So I'm looking for people to start a class action lawsuit. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google adwords is a scam

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Ray,

Well this is not possible. If you have set your daily budget to USD 5 its highly unlikely that you got charged USD 700 within less than two months. In daily budgets there is a chance that it may get charged more than 20% depending on your ad delivery which is mentioned here.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en

However if your daily budget is consistent during the whole month you won't be charged more than your daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month, which is 30.4, you can refer above article for more information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Who are you ?? Would you like to see my bank statements? I guess you didn't read the would thing. I wrote what happened. How come no one from the USA can call me? Sent from iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What's not possible? That they're charging me per click, when it wasn't authorized? That there number of clicks are bogus? That no one from the USA contacted me? You smuck

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Google usually charge for CPC and when you are creating campaign you agree to use CPC ( cost per click) , It would be better if you use your valuble time on reading before starting any advertising campaign. And I'm not sure why you think someone from "USA" should call you. whichever the country service is same.

BTW good luck with the law suit Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much. Would you like to join? <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy. Per our guidelines, please do not post contact information in the forum and/or request to be contacted outside of the forum.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ray,

I feel for you. It happened to me with a bill of more than 2,000$ at the end. It's unclear weather the budget you set is per day or a fixed budget. But this can be discussed as beeing user mistake. What I think is really not transparent is the fact that your add keep running, money is taken from your CC and you don't get any notice befor getting bank statement. A lot of young people desperate to make money use Adwords. like paypal do, an email to tell you eachtime money is charged for your add should be sent. But of course it's not to their advantage...
I think they make a lot of money based on these mistakes. Like the "expert" below is saying: Good luck on lawsuit against google. I tried to contest the payements but it was a complicated and timeconsuming process where you loose. Modern days mafia, that's all it is.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This 2015 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.