AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Has Started taking Automatic Payments out in less than 30 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone else had the above problem? Google has been taking the payments out automatically monthly every 30 days for the past several years but the past few months it has been taking them out in 29 days. Phoned Google and they say there is nothing wrong with that as they are counting the day the money comes out as day one of the new monthly cycle even though 24 hrs hasn't passed yet. They are just not interested. So our monthly automatic payment cycle is now 29 days and not 30 days anymore. Has this happened to anyone else?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Has Started taking Automatic Payments out in less than 30 d

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the Community!

As you've rightly mentioned, you're charged as per the billing cycle of 30 days from your previous charge. However, you could be within the cycle, if your spend reaches the billing threshold. Could you check if that's the case here? More info about the billing cycle and threshold here.

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sumanth *big wave*,

The spend on every occasion was well under the threshold. We've been advertising with Google for years now so are well used to how they work with this kind of thing which is why we have now noticed they have reduced our billing cycle by one day. I wonder if others have had the same problem or will start to have the problem. It's surely a breach as they are only supposed to take it out on the 30th day not the 29th day.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I haven't experienced such issues yet. However, I think there a delay in processing the charge. For instance, say your CC was charged on Jan 1 and was processed by your bank on Jan 2, next charge as per the billing cycle would be on Jan 30. This is 30 days from the previous charge and 29 days from the actual charge date. In this context, Google is right in saying that the day funds come out falls on the first day of the next billing cycle. I'd suggest contacting your bank to figure out the reason for delay in last few months, as that's causing the issue.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth,

We don't pay by CC. We have the money taken automatically from our bank account. We have already spoken to our bank and they also say Google are taking the money one day early. Don't forget for several years they were taking the money every 30 days but now they have changed it to 29 days. I am sure it is happening to others as well as us. Unfortunately google are too big to get it resolved as we have tried that as well.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Well, I haven't seen such issues with Direct Debit either, but I can understand your situation. I see two possibilities here, first one being a technical issue and the second misconception. Google would clearly tell us, if there's a technical issue. I know you've called Google already and their response did not clear your question. I'd suggest calling them another time to get this clarified. You can feel free to ask them for an explanation and repeat it until you understand.
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanthi,

Thanks for caring enough to reply to my posts.

We have phoned Google many times about it and it has now been marked on
their file as an unresolved issue. Google keep saying there is nothing they
can do about it other than for us to stop advertising with them!!

They don't have a complaint process either so in effect they are breaching
the 30 days but they don't care. We have now had to reset our own monthly
direct debit systems to a 29 day payment instead of 30 days. As I said
before we never go over the threshold as we know that will trigger an
earlier payment otherwise.

I posted on the forum to warn others as I'm sure this will start happening
to others as well.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Caroline,

I'd like to look into this issue for you. Please keep an eye out for an email from our team.

Kathleen

Google Has Started taking Automatic Payments out in less than 30 days

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I what to know where we  are get payment once my threshold reach