AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Fraud Victim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I spoke with Adam M today. I explained that our company is the victim of a fraud. Our internet ad-word placement company sold our account somewhere and disappeared. We have no log in or password information, and no way to control any adwords. For a while the adwords worked ok, but our company has transformed itself now. In Aug-Sept 2012 we tried the contact numbers on the credit card. Then we called our credit card company which found the charges fraudulent, reversed 2 sets of charges, and cancelled the card. 

Apparently, however, Google kept applying charges to a non-existent credit card in our name. When I called Adam about the problem, he emailed me and asked me to provide documentation, which I sent within minutes. Those things all bounced.  There was no real way to contact Adam. No way to call Google"headquarters, " and now no account number on file with Google upon which it threatened collection.  Maybe getting rid of the account was Adam's way of taking care of it. If so, I am grateful. But I have no confirmation. 

So, why or even how should I go about finding out if I am going to collection to pay a fraudulent charge on a non-existent account with a non -existent credit card? (My daughter is the the Policy Lead US State Dept UN Geneva Global Communications (ie, internet, ICANN, Google, etc ) Really? Do I have to call Geneva? 

Re: Google Fraud Victim

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi ginger2000,

I will have a closer look into your case. You should hear an update soon.

Thanks for your patience,
Mini

Google Fraud Victim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I start a topic of my own because I be dealing with a situation for over 2 months now! I started using google addwords in the summer, and created 2or3 adds that had a budget of $50 dllrs, meaning that I was never going to get charged more that $50 dllrs for each (3); however, I never got any business from any them, and then one day I received a werid phone call from google saying that they were going to be accessing my account to help me add more tags to get more traffic to my adds, and they said it would be at no extra cost, it was part of the service they provided. A month after that I didn't even have the chance to check my account that whole month because I was very very busy, then I see a $200 charge made to my bank when I called to ask for the reason of those charges, I found out that i was another canmpain made that I never created or authorized, that was making daily charges to my account and I told them so ever since then they said they were going to investigate but thye have never follow through with me, my account go suspended after disputting the charges and now I am not even allowed to talk to support, not only that but they have the nerve to ask me why is that I'm disputting the charges, but they give me no resourses to be able to get any help what so ever, and it's been like this for over 2 months now, I am very very concern and upset with this. I dont know what to do! All that I know is that I do not want to pay $200 dlls that I never agreed in the first place! This is absern, and very unethical! Please Help!

Google Fraud Victim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I start a topic of my own because I be dealing with a situation for over 2 months now! I started using google addwords in the summer, and created 2or3 adds that had a budget of $50 dllrs, meaning that I was never going to get charged more that $50 dllrs for each (3); however, I never got any business from any them, and then one day I received a werid phone call from google saying that they were going to be accessing my account to help me add more tags to get more traffic to my adds, and they said it would be at no extra cost, it was part of the service they provided. A month after that I didn't even have the chance to check my account that whole month because I was very very busy, then I see a $200 charge made to my bank when I called to ask for the reason of those charges, I found out that i was another canmpain made that I never created or authorized, that was making daily charges to my account and I told them so ever since then they said they were going to investigate but thye have never follow through with me, my account go suspended after disputting the charges and now I am not even allowed to talk to support, not only that but they have the nerve to ask me why is that I'm disputting the charges, but they give me no resourses to be able to get any help what so ever, and it's been like this for over 2 months now, I am very very concern and upset with this. I dont know what to do! All that I know is that I do not want to pay $200 dlls that I never agreed in the first place! This is absern, and very unethical! Please Help!