AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords has taken £11K from our bank account - Leaving our account in credit of £10999

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

We've got a small adwords account (spent about £900 in the last two years), since our bill of £13.89 got paid on 21/11, adwords has since taken further payments of £10000 and £1000, leaving our account in credit of £10999.54. Any idea what's going on and how we get the money back? Also this may have sent us into overdraft, if so can we claim compensation from google?

Cheers,

Alistair

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords has taken £11K from our bank account - Leaving our account in credit of £10999

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alistair D that sounds very strange; are you on automatic or manual payments?  

There's actually little (if anything) anyone can help you with here on the forum, your first contact should be with AdWords Support, have you been in touch with them?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Google Adwords has taken £11K from our bank account - Leaving our account in credit of £10999

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Jon I've now spoken to someone and they reckon it was done manually. We're on auto payments though. 

They reckon our account was hacked, but I can't quite see the reason someone would logged in and manually make payments, as our bank account hasn't been changed.

Anyway, we've now closed the account and the money is being refunded.