AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adword Suspension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently got a notice of suspension of google adword account. I never signed up for adwords and now my info is being turned over to a external collection agency. I don't even know what adwords are??? what the heck. Tried to online chat and send email w/no success. Gimme me a break!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adword Suspension

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Nightmarea;

During the years I have been with AdWords, I have never seen a single sign-up mistake by Google;

Someone - with your consent or without - opened an AdWords account using your email. Please note that, if that was done after Google had consolidated its products under one "Google account" - your other Google's products password was used. That should be something to be worried about

Under Google's privacy policy, your AdWords account history is not shared with any credit / data collection agency. Rest assured about that,

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Google Adword Suspension

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Nightmarea,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

It sounds like someone may have used your email address for an AdWords account. It is possible that someone used your email address to set up an AdWords account with their own billing information. If you haven’t been charged, then your billing information is not on the account. I would recommend touching base with anyone who has access to your email address to see if they created an AdWords account.

Additionally, I would recommend changing the password to your email to keep it secure at accounts.google.com and at whichever domain hosts your email address if it is not a google email address. Please let me know if you have any additional questions by responding to this post!

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Anna