AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ad Words’ credit management partner, 'Aeren'.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have received a number of emails from "Monica" from Aeren It Solutions about an outstanding balance on my Adwords account. Within the email she says "This notice has been sent by Google Ad Words’ credit management partner, 'Aeren'."

Since my Adwords account is up to date with it's finances (Adwords are running and there are no outstanding balances), I can only assume this is some sort of phishing scam. I have searched for the company, which finds a Debt Recovery service, but just wanted some official words from a Google employee to verify if this is an official partner company that operates with Google, or not.

The emails have no google logos at all, but they quote all of my details very accurately (company name, personal name, Adwords Customer ID, and a previous billed amount).

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Google Ad Words’ credit management partner, 'Aeren'.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Google does work with some collection agencies to recover users' unpaid balance / debt, but since you are saying your account is in a good standing, with no outstanding balance,  I would be suspicious.

Call customer support and check with them;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Google does work with some collection agencies to recover users' unpaid balance / debt, but since you are saying your account is in a good standing, with no outstanding balance,  I would be suspicious.

Call customer support and check with them;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sounds like spam - people are worried about their advertising and trust Google so it makes it a great target.
Generally if your account is in arrears then you will get a warning 'inside the AdWords interface' warning that your ads will stop.
Not a random unbranded email.