AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Google Account deleted - What about AdWords now?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a customer that we set up a Google Account for, primarily to use Adwords and Analytics. For unknown reasons the account suddenly couldn't be accessed anymore and when trying to use the 'lost password' feature, it said something about the account being disabled or deleted, I don't remember exactly.  I tried the usual recovery procedure, but that didn't work.  And the customer wasn't available, so identifying him via his credit card wasn't possible. And now that I tried again with the necessary information, it appears that the account has been permanently deleted and cannot be recovered anymore...

My question is: Will the associated AdWord account be deleted too and he will stop having his credit card charged?  Do I need to take further steps?  (Note that we don't really care about the account anymore, we just want any payment to stop.)

Thanks for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Account deleted - What about AdWords now?

ONe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ONe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello jlherren,

If you accidentally deleted your Google Account, you can attempt to restore it by going to our password assistance page within a limited window of time after deletion. 

However, if you are still having difficulty accessing the AdWords account after completing the above steps, please contact the AdWords Support Team who can help you re-gain access to your AdWords account. Your AdWords account may still be running.

Best of luck,

Paul

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello jlherren,

As per Google notes:

Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you'll need to select these two options: "Yes, I want to delete my account," and "Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transactions." (You can safely select the latter option if you haven't used any of Google's paid products, such as AdWords and Google Checkout, or if you have no pending financial transactions related to these products.)

Hence if any payments are pending (i.e. for using Adwords), you will be charged for that and once the payment is clear, I don't think that there would be any more deductions happening because logically there would be nothing for which you should be paying.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

ONe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
ONe
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello jlherren,

If you accidentally deleted your Google Account, you can attempt to restore it by going to our password assistance page within a limited window of time after deletion. 

However, if you are still having difficulty accessing the AdWords account after completing the above steps, please contact the AdWords Support Team who can help you re-gain access to your AdWords account. Your AdWords account may still be running.

Best of luck,

Paul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

if you have started you AdWords campaigns and you have automatic payment set your card will be charged even if you don't have any access to AdWords account.

You can contact your bank and block any transaction from Google. Or better is to contact AdWords support as Paul mentioned. What might have happened is that your client accidentally entered date of birth with age less than 13 years (date when company was established instead of date of birth for example).

Hope it helps.

Frank

Meet AdWords