AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Going over Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set my daily budget to 5 Euros per day for a total of 150 Euros per month, and the bill was more than 300 Euros.  I looked at the campaigns and I was charged more than 5 Euros per day.  How can I prevent this from happening if I want to take out other ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Going over Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Be very careful..I set my limit at $50 and turned my ad off once it got past $50 and I was still charged $1050 before I could get my Credit Card company to block future charges....Google are a bunch of thieves that have set up a system that makes it impossible to prove when ads were turned off and that has no customer service people you can speak to.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by stephenb (Follower ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello naledilove;

An increase of up to 20% in the daily budget is allowed to compensate for days with low spending ;

However; You will not be charged a single dollar above 30.4*daily budget. (30.4 is the average number of days per month). If you are charged Google will fully refund you. I have never seen a single case of "overcharging" in the total monthly bill.

The common reason users tend to think they are "overcharged", is that they forget, that during the month, they made a change, raising the daily budget (resulting in a higher total monthly bill).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

How can I predict how quickly I will run out of my monthly ad budget based upon the # of territories I am advertising in?  For example, I have input $10 per day as my daily budget and am targeting my advertising in top 20 DMAs around the country.  Exactly how far will $10 a day go targeting that broad of territory?  Should I just start with two DMAs to see what happens? My current product is around Tennis Pants, so I thought I might start in New York and Atlanta...two very high tennis participating.  Again, will $10 a day be used up in seconds of posting?  Not sure how this works. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Your budget is used up as people click your ads. As cost per click (CPC) is different in every niche and different for each advertiser depending their QS as well as other factors, nobody can answer how fast you'll use up your $10. You'll just have to run the campaign and find out.

You could guesstimate the budget you need. Start with the number of searches on your keywords for your geographic area. Use the keyword tool for that which also gives you an estimate of the CPC. But that's just an estimate, based on average QS and for the top positions. You may find that too high and bid much lower. This will lower your ad position and affect click rates which affect CPC and thus how fast you use up your budget. But I start with that and want to bid to get as high as possible once I have a decent QS of 7 or more. This typically means a cost of about half the estimate. My goal is also a CTR of 10% so I use that. So for example, 1000 searches a day on my keywords, if I get 10% click rate (100 clicks) that cost an average $0.25, I would need a budget of at least $25 to target all those searches. Anything lower or a higher click rate and I'm not targeting everybody.