AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Going over Daily Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What happend if the duration of my campaing is less than a month? For example 5 days.
Googla says: "You will not be charged a single dollar above 30.4*daily budget."  But I don't want to pay 30.4 for daily budget if mi budget is 5*daily budget.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Going over Daily Budget

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In this case I would suggest you to set your daily budget just less than your actual budget you are willing to pay daily. For example, say your daily budget is $100 then I would suggest you to make it $95 if you don't wish to go beyond your daily budget.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just to explain a bit more:

The system allows a change in a daily  budget of up to 20%, to offset days of low spending. So, set your daily budget to be 20% less than the  daily limit.

Google say:

>>" a monthly charging limit won't be used if your daily budget changes throughout the month, even though the 120% daily limit still applies. For campaigns that are paused in the middle of the month or that otherwise don't run for the full month, you may see discrepancies between your average daily budgets and your total charges."

Read more:

Why costs might exceed your daily budget

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Are we confusing things here?

If your daily budget is $5 then Google allows itself to spend up to $6 a day....

The monthly budget is 30.4x  so $152 a month... towards the end of the month Google will throttle the account if necessary to ensure that you do not spend more than the $152 - making the adjustment for any daily overspend earlier in the month.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@stickleback;

He wants to stop the campaign after 5 days...no time for adjustments....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Then it will have to be a lower limitl.... set the daily limit to $4.1 a day - which would allow Google to go to $5 (based on 120%) and set the end date.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@@stickleback

Agree! - That is the solution he was suggested .

@stickleback wrote:

Then it will have to be a lower limitl.... set the daily limit to $4.1 a day - which would allow Google to go to $5 (based on 120%) and set the end date.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@stickleback, I'm pretty sure Google's management of billing cycle spend is a little more complex than simply "throttling back" towards the end of the period Smiley Happy  I'd certainly be a little upset if I had to explain to a client that his conversions went through the floor for the last couple of days of any billing period for no fault of our own...

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I'm sure it is too! But if you have an account that is regularly hitting the daily budgets, and they go over to the 20% allowed on one day, they will have to make that back on another day - somehow... and the only way to do that would be to underspend by the same amount.