AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

GoDaddy Promo Code not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, I am new to adwords and I've seen at least two answers where you copy and pasted the same thing. As I'm sure is the case with many other customers I received a $100 credit for adwords with my domain/hosting purchase. I created an adwords account and applied the code > created a campaign > still see the error message that my ads aren't running because I haven't made a payment (within two days of each other). This ISNT a spend 25 get 50. I didn't see any requirements for using this code. I read somewhere on your site it may take up to 5 days to go through. It's been at least 7 and I've been waiting patiently. I don't want to hear in a few days that my account is more than 14 days old - it's not as of now and I'm losing out. I would like to start using adwords - thanks. Marco
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GoDaddy Promo Code not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marco,
Are you sure you don't have to spend $25 to get your $100?
As far as I was aware, Google no longer offered free, unrestricted credit vouchers.

I'd contact GoDaddy to be sure, just in case.

If you're not willing to spend $25 on advertising for $100 more free advertising, you're probably not the ideal target for this coupon. I don't work for Google so don't speak for them, but it makes sense.

As for the copy and paste replies, you're somebody looking for something for nothing, you're hardly going to get premium support.

Re: GoDaddy Promo Code not working

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
To follow up on the point above there should be no "get $x" vouchers in circulation. Google moved all voucher schemes to "Spend $x get $y" a few months back and all partners/vendors/etc. should have adopted these.

If the voucher was accepted by the AdWords system and does not show in the billing screen then I can only assume it is a "Spend $x get $y" and will only apply on the qualifying amount being reached (normally $25).

I would suggest you contact the voucher supplier (GoDaddy) who can clarify the voucher type. Alternatively you could contact your local AdWords Support team.
Luigi Raw

Innovation is About Imagination