AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Gmail Ads Campaign Budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have started a gmail ads campaign with a budget of Rs 500/Day. But in the end of the first day i will seen the report that ads got 880 clicks which cost me Rs 2900. if i have fixed a budget of Rs 500, So how will it goes till Rs 2900.

Pls help me...

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Gmail Ads Campaign Budget

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

Honestly, what you are saying sounds like science fiction. I have never seen such a case in the past 10 years or so, with more than a hundred accounts under my master a/c.

In fact, your daily cost never exceeds your daily budget + 20%. My best guess is you perhaps changed the daily budget multiple times that day and forgot of it. Please double-check your campaign's Change History under the upper Tools tab in your AdWords account.

Else, you are requested to please be so kind as to post a few screenshots that could support your claims.

Best,
Lakatos

Re: Gmail Ads Campaign Budget

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Anil C,

In general, your daily spend can exceed by 20% if your ads are shown more often. But the total monthly spend won't be more than you daily budget multiplied by 30.4. 

However, the difference in spends which you are talking about seems to be a different scenario as the difference is much bigger than the said percentage. A few things to note here -

Have you changed your budget multiple times in a day? If yes, you should read this help-center article to understand how multiple budget changes on the same day can affect your spends. 

Finally, if it does not help, the best would be contact AdWords Phone support, they would able to see the account specific events. 

PS. Check to see if the budget was used by any of the campaigns which you paused today, if any. To see this, go to campaigns tab and select all campaigns to see the spend distribution. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Twitter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.