AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Charged Not active account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please Some one Help !!! Google is charging our NOT active account !!! And customer service telling that can't help us. Who we contact ?    This message popping out second day after I tried to enter billing info so I assumed that I have nothing to worry about  but I still getting charged. It is not right !!!. Please help !!!

This is the Red Alert  message on Compaign page:

Re: Getting Charged Not active account

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Ray,

The billing message can appear for a while after you have entered your billing information but will disappear shortly after. The charges you see are likely because the billing was accepted and the ads set live on Google but you just need to wait for the message to go away. If the campaigns are set to pause now you shouldn't get any additional charges there.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Don't you think is not right to put message that my account is not active because my billing information was not accepted and then charge me anyway.
Its confusing and not even legal to put on main window message that account is not active and after that still charge money . Because I was sure is nothing gonna work and my account is not active ( Per Google Message which I still getting on main window) and I'm not going to be charged so I just was trying and studding Google add words. What I was charged for ($5 per click) I never wanted. Google just vacuumed my credit card from my not active account. And after calling support I was told that no one can help me.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Purefuzz ( the user who dealt with this message 2 days ago) is pretty experienced and handles many accounts. If he told you that the payment information was actually accepted even if that message is displayed it means that you billing information was ok.

What you can do further is to pause your campaigns and submit a complaint here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/explain_pd_b3?rd=1

However from how this situation looks, you had enabled campaigns and Ads after submitting correct billing information and Google interpreted the situation as if you were ready to run Ads. This is all I can say, as another user like yourself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So you saying is okay for Google mislead clients and charge them for nothing ? And after that no one can help from customer service or legal department or other Google customer care services. After I filed and called - no response was made at all accept from customer service telling to deal with it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Actually it didn't disappear for few days. Even after my credit card was charged it was still saying that my account is not active.