AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

GST on billings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm from Australia, we pay Google Adwords monthly.  I'd like to know if GST (Australian tax) is included in the Google billings?

Could someone please advise me?

Thanks,

Hoang

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GST on billings

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hoang,

Thank you for posting. I'd suggest that any questions about GST tax should be consulted with your tax advisor.

Best,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I were search to you whir are you ribulbing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was a dodge Google. Perhaps the question could be rephrased as "Will Google issue Tax Invoices for Adwords bought by Australian businesses?"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There isn't any GST on AdWords.

Although Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (which provides Adwords to Australia) is registered for GST, as the supply isn't connected with Australia it's not a taxable supply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We asked you! Does the legal entity you work for that can sue and be sued, have a business reistration in australia? If so, what's the Google Australia ABN? We can check this ABN to see if you're registered for GST.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I like your reply, Mark! but has your rephrased question been answered yet?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
very confused, would you be explain a bit more?
Mark's question has not been answered directly.
who issues the invoice then? oversea suppliers, or Adwords?
who is real Adword consumers then, oversea suppliers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just realized that there is no GST on Australian google adwords caimpaign !! this is amazing for google ouah ^^

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To expand on my previous answer, Google Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (registered in Singapore) is the Google group company which provides Adwords services to Australian customers.

As it is a company which is not tax resident in Australia, it is only required to charge GST on supplies it makes which are 'connected with Australia'.

Adwords are not supplies connected with Australia as the service is not performed in Australia, nor is it is supplied through an enterprise carried on in Australia. Adwords are therefore not taxable supplies under Australian GST law and the invoices don't include GST.

Something to watch out for when doing my client's books - invariably the bookkeeper tries to claim GST credits when they're not supposed to.