AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM $600 CHARGE

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used AdWords for a YouTube video I produced for a client late last year, but decided to discontinue the service when I got the number of views I had wanted. I used my personal card for this. For the past two months, a certain GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM SINGAP SG (608)  has been charging me $300 (one in mid-January and one in mid-February) despite this. 

Apparently, there are other instances of this kind of scam happening. Even if this company were not related whatsoever to Google, there was no way they would have gotten access to my account otherwise, because I have only ever used my card for AdWords. If so, it is your security breach.

I demand a swift response and my money back. I know Google is a huge and powerful corporation, but I also know that as a customer, there is a plethora of options I can take to make my complaint be heard and responded to, one way or another. I can promise your team that I will not stop until I get both—a sufficient response, and my refund.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shai L
September 2015

Re: GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM $600 CHARGE

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
I am not a google employee and no one here can access your private personal account.

With that being said:

1) Login to your old adwords account and check your Billings tab. If the charges where from Adwords they would show up there.

2) When you google GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM SINGAP SG there are references to both Google Play downloads in which scams by 3rd parties are taken place ( Not Google) as well as hackers not to Google adwords have gotten your data and making fraudent purchases.

3) First thing to do for your protection is contact your Credit Card company and File fraud transactions report. They will close your account and give you a new Credit card number. They will investigate the charges ( could take up to 6 weeks).

4) Scan your Computer for anti-virus, malware and root toolkits. Your personal computer could have been compromised when you entered your CC numbers.

5) Check all your passwords and make password changes across all accounts as you could be compromised on other places

6) Look into fraud protection services like LifeLock.

Google was not hacked nor had a security breach, The issue is and was personal, from a cell phone, personal computer etc. Take steps to protect yourself and request the refund from your Credit card Company by placing a fraud investigation on those Changes.

Lastly you can contact Google Singapore. http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1385067

or Google through the contact methods - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eric,

First, thank you so much for your very detailed and helpful reply. Second, I'd like to admit that when I typed this question, I was swimming in dismay and frustration and confusion so please pardon the tone.

As soon as I finished typing, I googled and found out so many pages about this Googlecc@Google.com fraud. According to one site, they have received over $1.5 million worth of complaints of unauthorized charges on credit cards by this particular group of scammers. Majority of them worked with their banks or with PayPal, Google support, etc.

My bank is in the building where I work, so I immediately worked with them to block my account. I have also taken the steps you suggested such as emailing customer support and checking my gadgets for malware and changing passwords and card numbers.

And then I saw your reply and I also saw the way I had first attacked this problem. Eep! It's actually my first time to deal with anything like this or to visit the Community center, and I actually thought I was typing that message to AdWords Customer Support.

In any case, the bank has assured me they will investigate and I may be eligible for the refund within 85 days (maximum). Thank you again for your suggestions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Shai L wrote:

I used AdWords for a YouTube video I produced for a client late last year, but decided to discontinue the service when I got the number of views I had wanted. I used my personal card for this. For the past two months, a certain GOOGLECC@GOOGLE.COM SINGAP SG (608)  has been charging me $300 (one in mid-January and one in mid-February) despite this. 

Apparently, there are other instances of this kind of scam happening. Even if this company were not related whatsoever to Google, there was no way they would have gotten access to my account otherwise, because I have only ever used my card for AdWords. If so, it is your security breach.

I demand a swift response and my money back. I know Google is a huge and powerful corporation, but I also know that as a customer, there is a plethora of options I can take to make my complaint be heard and responded to, one way or another. I can promise your team that I will not stop until I get both—a sufficient response, and my refund.

Happenend to me

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same thing happened to my account just had to change my card so it no longer happens

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it was solved way back in 2015.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.