AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Free Google Listing

C C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
C C
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a free listing before signing up for Adwords. This cost me rather a lot for little overall reward. I therefore cancelled this before any further money disappeared from my account. In the process, I seem to have lost the little red dot on the google map which was there prior to the upgrade in service. I want to know how to return to this position? In addition, I understood that I was to have a free £75 worth of Adwords on subscription of £25. This does not appear to have materialised. Perhaps you could help   

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Free Google Listing

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hey CC, 

You will want to make sure you're set up on Google+ Local in order to show on Google Maps. In order to do this you will have to go through the verification process.

In response to your question about the £75 AdWords credit, this will only appear in your billing tab as a credit once you have spent the £25 you added once you redeemed the coupon. Let me know if you have already redeemed the coupon and spent the £25 and I will see if one of our support team can look into this for you. 

Hannah