AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Fraudulent billing on my bank statement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After an annual review of my 2016 bank statements, I see that I have been charged monthly by Google Adwords yet, I have never created an Adwords account through  Google or anyone else.  When I wrote Google Adwords for assistance, the answer discussed "Transaction Fees" as seen below (but not the unauthorized charges):  Here is the copy of part of the response - 

"Please allow me to explain that the International Transaction Fees are being charged by the Financial institution and not by Google and only they can provide you more detailed information on this. You may consider changing your Card company to avoid these charges in future.

However, considering your association with us, as a one time goodwill gesture I can offer you a courtesy credit of $2.53 against these fees. It requires one final level of approval by our Finance team that I can obtain once I have your authorization. Please note, the credit can only be applied towards future advertising costs. You acknowledge by accepting this courtesy credit that it is provided at Google's discretion."  Signed Pawan

I have tried to call Google phone numbers listed for assistance but can never get through...

The monthly charges have exceeded $1,500 for 2016.  Because I have no Google Adwords account, I cannot use the website to make any changes or amendments to the account that it says that I have.  

I have referred the issue to my bank but am looking for a solution that I can implement through Google.

Any suggestions on direct contact numbers to Google Ads Billing Dept?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Efi K,

Can you provide the google email address associated with the charges on your statement? This is not your email or anything like that... but the line item charge on your bank statement will have a google email address listed. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Bank statement line item looks like this:

Google ADWS 9964940679 CC Google.Comsgp (The last 2 months)

Prior to this, it looked like:

Google ADWS 9964940679 Singapore SGP

Thanks for any help...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Efi K,

You are welcome. Sorry to see that these are AdWords charges and that you have no such account. 

Please use this interactive complaint form, which should get you a reply back. With the upload feature, be sure to include a text document (Google Docs, Word Pad, etc.) and include a precise listing of each monthly charge, your full name, contact info, email, and explain clearly and professionally that you do not have a AdWords account, which prevents you from using normal support methods but that you need a refund and that the associated AdWords account should be flagged for fraud and suspended. State that you will fully cooperate in any way to bring this issue to a close.   

Next, contact your payment issuer and let them know that no charges for AdWords should be processed after this date. 

Next, visit AdWords with your Google account email and verify that no one has used your email to open an AdWords account. 

Please let us know what happens after a week from form submission. We will assist further, if needed. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James,

Thanks for the reply but this doesn't help.  We already used the "Interactive Complaint Form" and I sent you a portion of the reply.  I really need to speak directly with a human being who represents Adwords.  We cannot access any account through the website as it shows we have an account but the only page we can access is the "Your First Campaign" page.  There is a phone number in the right hand corner (1-855-290-0346) which has been of no use to us.  Do you know if it is valid?  

I don't feel comfortable using this website for any interaction as it has not helped us go anywhere for any solutions.

Can you please, if you represent the company, provide me, either through this post or directly to my email, a phone number to speak directly with a company representative?

Thanks again...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Efi K,

Okay. The thing is with AdWords support numbers is that you need an actual AdWords account ID to use them. So calling them and not entering a number will lead nowhere. This is why I directed you to use complaint form. A phone number will not do you any good. The reply you provided from your previous form submission shows that they did not understand what you were asking. This is why I asked you to clearly state the information I did. 

To be clear, this is a peer-to-peer help community where I am not a Google employee. I am here to provide assistance to AdWords users. I understand you frustration so far in getting your issue resolved, but please know that it was a year in the making and it may take some time to resolve. It will certainly take time and effort on your part and I would contact your bank to shut down the card in use. I would file a complaint to get back as much as you can from them directly and then continue to interact with Google in getting more help from them. I urge you to use the link I provided and file another complaint stating clearing that your credit card is being used fraudulently to operate a rogue AdWords account and you seek their help.

I will also escalate this thread for further review by others to see if it can bring more help. That's all I got.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, James.  

We do have access to an account number but it seems to take us nowhere in the site when we are logged into it. For instance, we cannot review any account activity or see any ads for which there was activity or for which we were charged.

However, if, as you say, we can call and they will ask for an account number, we can provide the one that we see on the Adwords webpage.

So, if you do have a number (I'm sorry to keep asking), I'd appreciate very much you sending that to me...

Thank you...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Efi K,

If you have access to AdWords and have an account ID, then you would open AdWords, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown. This is your proper supper number. Each country has different support numbers so me providing you one for another country will not work for you. You should use the number specific to your AdWords account, which is specific to your needs and uses. Tell them what is happening and ask them to investigate what website the ads go to and when the account was created and who the admin is. Tell them you want to remove your credit card and get reimbursed for any charges possible as you did not create the account and have no idea why your credit card is associated with it. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And, therein is the rub.  I've read this in many help sites for this issue.  There is NO Gear icon in the upper right hand corner of my Adwords page and this appears to be some sort of anomaly.  I have an account number in the upper right hand corner and the number I sent you earlier but I have no idea if either is valid because I cannot go anywhere from this page.

I really appreciate your help but I think I'm not properly conveying my problem.  I can see that you are reluctant to forward a number and I appreciate the points you are making but it still leaves me stranded with no reliable way to approach the company to get answers.

Rest assured that we have already shut off our credit card.  We are seeking reimbursement for the charges already incurred.

Anyway, thanks again for your help.  There must be a corporate number but I will do my best to track it down some way.  If anyone else reads this post and has advice for how to contact the company by phone, I'd greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks again...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Efi K,

It sounds as if you logged into a fresh AdWords account and not one that has been set up or has any charges to it. That is why you are seeing the screen to set up your first campaign. This means that the Google account email you are using is not tied the charges on your statement. When you call and give them this account ID and they look and see it is a fresh, new account with no charges, phone support will not be able to help further. 

Now then, it's not that I am reluctant to provide a support number, I am only reluctant in providing information that you cannot use, as I explained that support numbers are localized. Alas, here is the main support number for America... you can call AdWords Support at 1-866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST). The problem is that many outside of the states report that the number does not work for them. 

To summarize, you asked for phone number of the billing department of AdWords... and I provided a way for you to interact with them (interactive web form), since phone numbers require the account number in question (not any AdWords account number), and phone numbers are dependent of location. I offered the best way for you to get help and interact with a department at Google that could help you. 

You are now asking for a corporate number to Google... which is of no use to you since Google is a very large company with hundreds of divisions and thousands of workers in endless offices. Calling Google Chrome for your issue is like calling the diary department at your local store and asking about shoes. They cannot help you.  

So, this is why I am providing the information I am, which is actually providing the help you need. You have to interact with AdWords Support for the issue you have. They handle billing issues with AdWords. No other department can. You can use the interactive form; you can call the number you have of 1-855-290-0346; you can call the number I have of 1-866-246-6453; you can use this AdWords Help System information; and you can omit everything I have said and continue your search for other contacts with Google

Please do handle this however you wish to. I have used my expertise to provide all the answers I can, since they are not what you want, I apologize and wish you the best with your search. 

All the Best,

James