AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Fraudulent billing on my account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My adwords account is ONLY prepay.

I recentely disabled all my campaigns, and asked for a refund of the money in account.

During the following days, Google doesn't stop sending me a lot of email to come back to Adwords. I didn't replied to any of these emails because I don't find myself smart enough with the system to get the results I want.

BUT, today I've been billed automatically $10 for no apparent reason. I did NOT ask for this billing nor authorized it. No other person has access to my account to be able to do that.

Why my prepay account got billed automatically, after almost 1 month of requesting refund my account credit.

How can I get this money back with all the bank fee added for this fraudulent charge.

---

by the way, the local assistance number in Lithuania is not working. the phone is not even ringing.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Fraudulent billing on my account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Goodbuzz,

When you request a refund, Adwords calculates the final balance outstanding if any persists. Based on the final calculataions, if any balance is left, it is deducted from your Credit Card details and then a final email is sent across mentioning whatever the amount (if any) has been transferred to your Bank or not. And as you said that $10 has been deducted after one month, it's because of the fact that refund process might take 3 to 4 weeks to complete. See details here.

Still if you feel something not right, write to Adwords support and they will explain the rest.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Goodbuzz;

A core element of AdWords is to charge ONLY for actual and real clicks. Google does NOT overcharge, nor does it perform unfair practices. The success of AdWords is built (among other factors) on a clear and transparent algorithm of calculating the cost per click.

If you, somehow, were charged extra, you will be credited. I should add, that it is rare to find billing error on AdWords. If found, those are illegal clicks, that are fully refunded.

Contact Google customer service. It's an account billing issue, that we cannot investigate.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Goodbuzz,

When you request a refund, Adwords calculates the final balance outstanding if any persists. Based on the final calculataions, if any balance is left, it is deducted from your Credit Card details and then a final email is sent across mentioning whatever the amount (if any) has been transferred to your Bank or not. And as you said that $10 has been deducted after one month, it's because of the fact that refund process might take 3 to 4 weeks to complete. See details here.

Still if you feel something not right, write to Adwords support and they will explain the rest.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This make no Sense. My account was positive. My credit was more than $100 when I stopped all my campaigns. I made the request of refund 2 weeks after I have stopped all my campaigns to make sure I have no pending clicks to be validated. Also, google waits 3 weeks before refunding you in case of outstanding clicks Why to bill me $10, when they should refund me $130. Also, this make no sense for a prepay account, as I should have money in the account to receive clicks. Additionally, the $10 added to my account is not for received clicks, but added to my account for spending on my campaigns! I wrote to Google support team and I'm waiting for their answer. is this common practice of Google?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello Goodbuzz, If you have already written to Google, then hopefully they will address your concern to the best of their knowledge. Let's wait for their response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is clearly a fraudulent billing. It's not big money, but I want to know who is responsible of this, and if it's a new Google authorized practice!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Goodbuzz;

A core element of AdWords is to charge ONLY for actual and real clicks. Google does NOT overcharge, nor does it perform unfair practices. The success of AdWords is built (among other factors) on a clear and transparent algorithm of calculating the cost per click.

If you, somehow, were charged extra, you will be credited. I should add, that it is rare to find billing error on AdWords. If found, those are illegal clicks, that are fully refunded.

Contact Google customer service. It's an account billing issue, that we cannot investigate.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answers, and helping information. I still just can't understand how a "Prepay" account, got billed automatically! There should be a change in Google Adwords billing system for that to happen! I'm eagerly waiting for their answer. I was very, very angry when I saw that!