AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Fraud with my Bank Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can somebody tell me what ADWORDS is and how Google have obtained my card/bank account details  and fraudulently removed monies from my bank account, without prior knowledge or consent, any form of communication or notification???? 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fraud with my Bank Account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Nick,

AdWords is the program that generates ads that you see from Google across the internet. Anyone can sign up to an AdWords Account by logging into adwords.google.com.

When you do sign up, you have to provide bank information and as per our billing cycle, we will charge the card/account on file once you have hit a certain spend.

As I do not have access to your account and the specific details, I would first suggest that you log into adwords.google.com with your email address and check to see if you did sign up for an account in the past. You can click on the "Cog" icon (looks like a wheel) in the top right hand corner to see the billing information.

I hope this helps,
Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen
I not sure that you read the post correctly, I do not have or have ever had, a Google adwords account or ever signed up for one. Monies have been removed from my bank account via my debit card, without my knowledge or consent. until yesterday, I have never heard of Adwords.?? Could you suggest a contact number for Google in the UK?? as they are proving impossible to call - thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nick,

Is this possible that your card has been hacked and someone else is using it to run adwords ads?

Why not you just ask your bank to block your card.

Also here is the UK Google Adwords no. 0800 169 0409  ( Monday – Friday ; 9 a.m. – 6 p.m GMT )  But they will not be able to help you unless you tell them your Adwords customer id (which you don't have access too.)

Regards,

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nourmam
I suspect you may be right! The bank have cancelled the card. The worrying thing is that it is so easy for it to be done, we are very careful on line. I have called the number provided and spoke to a chap called Jamie, who advised that Google do not remove monies from bank accounts and that third party companies do this, when I asked him where he was based, he refused to tell me ?!? I have received an email from Google, it just gets worse.... they have advised we have suspended your accounts ?? as we have identified suspicious activity... Does anyone know how long it takes to get money back from Google????

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Nick,
I am going to send you an email now to get some information from you.

Kathleen

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question. 

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.