AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Fixed Monthly Ad Spend Control

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a fixed monthly ad spend (search / display / remarketing) all campaigns.

Is it possiple to specify Search budget = fixed x amount per month (likewise for display and remarketing).

Also let's say my fixed spend is $1000 per month will Google still allow for 10% on top of that?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Fixed Monthly Ad Spend Control

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello GlenBob;

If I got you right, the answer is NO; You'll have to set your budget for each campaign, upfront;

However; You can use "shared budget" to share budget across all campaigns.

Read More;

About shared budgets

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2517512

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob, am I reading you correctly?  You want to specify a certain budget - let's say it's "X", and then you want each of n campaigns to be a % of X, e.g. Campaign A budget = 20% of X, B = 60% of X and so on?

If so, then you can probably do this via the Adwords Scripting interface under Automation.  There are methods for setting and getting campaign budgets so it shouldn't be too tricky to write a script that'll do what you want.  Give me a while and I'll post it up.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Moshe, thanks for link. I am familiar with shared budget (think you gave me this link before). What I am really looking for is let's say campaign 1. I have a budget of $1000 per month. I would like to set this at the start of each month and never go over the $1000 spend per month. I suppose the simple solution would be just to set the daily budget of $33.

Hi Cobnut,

That's not really what I am was looking for but your suggestion is really good and may suit even better. If it's not to much hassle post up the info Smiley Happy Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi GlenBob, it sounds like all you really needed was the daily budget setting Smiley Happy

However, I will put together a script for controlling budgets as it's something we get asked about a fair bit.  Leave it with me.

Jon

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again

And about "Allowing 10% over the top"

Though 20% variation, in the daily budget, is allowed, the total, will not exceed $990 (=304 X $33).

@Jon: a nice idea: scripting

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input guys.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author GlenBob
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

OK, the script is done.  I won't just post it here 'cos it doesn't look very good in a message and I'd rather the package included the "How to..." file and the warnings, so here's a link to my scripting page, the one you want is the first one.

Let me know if it works.

Jon

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a mill for this Jon. Got that download link just fine. I will need to brush up on my JS skills before attempting such a file.