AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Fake/Stolen Visa was used to overdue account and now I have an overdue bill

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I really need some help here. I was out for a trip and when I came back today, I saw that my google account has been logged into from a Linux device in United States. I checked all my google products (YT, Adwords, Gmail) and found that he has used my Google Adwords account (which was really empty anyways) and created a campaign that exceeded the payment threshold and I really do not know what to do. He also purchased another thing called Cubik Studio that I found on my CC's statement but thats another matter. I would like to know if there is any way for me to cancel my AdWords account so this never happens again WITHOUT paying the bill or having debt collectors at my doorstep

I need help here cuz he made my account have a payment due of $60 and I do not want to pay that for something I did not use. I will change all my passwords but I need help with this please. Idk what he was using (Windows, Browser and all that) so I just filled in random stuff in the categories

I also opened my CC statement while writing this message and its saying he bought something for $839, Please help me fix this. I need my google account sorted out. Idk I have too many bills that I bought/used nothing with!

Can't I just delete my AdWords account and be sure I won't have debt collectors at my doorstep?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

This has to be investigated by customer service. Only they have the tools to conduct  a full investigation and determine that  the account was compromised  unlawfully.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Fake/Stolen Visa was used to overdue account and now I have an overdue bill

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The account just keeps on running, i deleted all campaigns and it keeps adding to the bill. Help me, just cancel my adwords account just delete it keeps on adding to the bill

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @_Pythonix_,

In your last sentence, you ask if you can just delete your AdWords account and not have debt collections at your door. No, you cannot. It is your account and you are responsible for it. 

With that said, you should do three things right away. 1) Call your credit card provider and report all the charges and 2) change all of the passwords with all of your accounts and finally 3) pause all campaigns in AdWords.

Once those are done (in that order), you should open up AdWords, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and call the number shown for support (or click on Help, same location) and use another method to interact with support. Go over everything with them and ask them to review the campaigns, the URLs used with them and explain what has happened. They will be able to determine a lot of things, such as the purpose of the ads, IP addresses used to create them and lots of investigative metrics that cannot be discussed here. 

Please keep in mind that AdWords has nothing to do with any other charges on your statement so do not confuse things by asking for help for $839 charge and a product called Cubix Studio. You should discuss that with your bank, credit card provider, etc..

Finally, you cannot have all campaigns deleted and charges keep happening.  

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No, it happened, I deleted all campaigns once I knew about it and just now I opened my Adwords app cuz I got a notification and I found that the bill has increased to $183. I simply cancelled the account at that point. Just a questions, what will happen if I do not pay that bill, I mean I do not wanna pay for something that I did not use, he used his fake or stolen visa I assume to overdue my account and I am not paying for that, so what will happen if I do not the bill?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

It is your account, so you are responsible for it. I have provided the best instructions for you to follow and to hopefully get help with AdWords. Aside from this, you will owe the money until paid. It will affect the use of all associated information (name, email, contact info, payment method, etc.) for the use of AdWords in the future. At the ninety days past due mark it will be turned over to a collection agency. It will not simply go away by not dealing with it. Use the information I provided to help yourself.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are going to seriously send debt collection agencies to my home? What next ban me from using Google?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

I am not going to do anything. This is a peer-to-peer help community where I am a fellow user of AdWords, not a Google employee. I am simply providing relevant & credible answers to your questions. When someone opens up a AdWords account, they enter into a contract to pay for services rendered.

Again, I provided the steps for you to take, which is what I would do in your situation. The rest is up to you.

All the Best,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, Can someone here suggest me ways of earning money that I can use to pay the bill? I am only a 14 year old kid...

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi,

Not really but I can suggest that you use the information I provided and contact support and let them know everything, including your age and lack of ability to pay. 

Kind Regards,

James