AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

FIXED: Issue with manual payments and a statement "An error has occurred".

[ Edited ]
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 1
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Community Users,

Some of you posted on the Community that you were not able to make a manual payment and were getting a statement "An error has occurred.Dismiss".

This is a latesst update, so the issue continues for some account. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and I can assure you that this issue was of the highest priority to our engineers. The technical issue has NOT been resolved 

I will update this thread with the latest status!

Thanks,

Zee
G+
1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zee
September 2015

Re: NOT FIXED: Issue with manual payments and a statement "An error has occurred".

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

For majority of the accounts this issue is resolved. If you still experiencing an issue with making a payment, please, contact the support directly. The support will need to investigate your individual account.

Thank you,

Zee
G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: NOT FIXED: Issue with manual payments and a statement "An error has occurred".

Google Employee
# 11
Google Employee

Hi Mark12345 and Others, 

As one our tenured billing team members, I wanted to respond to some of the concerns that were voiced on this thread.  First, there was a temporary billing technical issue that prevented some accounts from making a manual payment. If one were to switch to automatic payments (available for some accounts, not all), then the system may have auto-initiated a charge to the account if the outstanding balance were above the threshold limit, which could have potentially allowed the ads to run.  Luckily, the original issus preventing manual payments should be resolved and affected accounts should be able to initiate a payment without difficulty.  

In regards to latter (but separate) question of swapping from Manual Payments > Automatic Payments > Manual payments, it is not as easy as 'clicking a button.' The advertiser him/herself can swap from Manual to Automatic Payments; however, to swap from Automatic to Manual Payments, the advertiser must initiate a payment for the amount owed + the previous 7 days advertising costs. Specific details can be found here.   Additionally, only a Googler can make this transition, meaning that the end advertiser cannot. Please call into 866-2Google if you need assistance. 

Best Regards, 

Jeremy

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can you please help, my ads are now stated as not running & to re enable the payment. I try to go into billing tp do this & it says billing unavailable.

I cannot afford to have no ads running over the busy weekend.

Please help.!!!!!!

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi dancewear

Our engineers work diligently on finding a quick solution. I will update this thread as soon as I get an information on the latest update.

Thank you for your understanding!

Zee
G+

fal
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
fal
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This seems to be a widespread problem, it hit us about 12 hours ago. Timing is not good ;-)

fal
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
fal
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Interestingly one of our Adwords account (several years older) has not been impacted. The account where billing is unavailable gets charged by Google Singapore. The other account from somewhere else.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This has affected us since Tuesday (5 days)  NOT HAPPY

Still fix no fix, google pull your finger out and get this sorted. 

We are your customers, we are the ones who pays our money to you, but it seems we are getting nothing back from you.

Would it be wise to open up a Bing or Yahoo advertising account and spend our money esle where.

We are a business.

Get it sorted.......

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If you can't do manual payment in adwords.

Switch to automatic payments in >> Account Settings, then refresh, this will allow you to pay for your adwords.

This will solve the issue temp until the manual payments are back up and running.

This is what I did and it worked.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Can anyone at Google confirm that what Mark12345 suggests (switching to auto payments) is a temporary solution for a of us?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 9
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

For majority of the accounts this issue is resolved. If you still experiencing an issue with making a payment, please, contact the support directly. The support will need to investigate your individual account.

Thank you,

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Zee wrote:

Hi all,

Thank you,

Thanks for your update Zee.

So OK I have gone back into my account to switch from auto payments back to manual and guess what, another problem.

Now the system will not allow me to switch back to manual payments and keeps on saying:

Automatic payments Manual payments Automatic payments
You make periodic payments in any amount you want and your ads keep running while funds are available.
Note: In order to switch to this option, you will need to make a payment.

So when I attempt to switch back, it will not save, so I want and made another payment on my account, and you guessed it I came back to try again and the same happened.

I am getting so fed up of Google and their rubbish out dated systems, while auto charging me.......................................

This is becoming a joke, My in house IT team could do a better job, GET IT SORTED!!!!!!!!!!!!, otherwise Google you will be using our business..