AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Everytime I try to change my form of payment to Manual, it says Error?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried for the last 2 weeks to do this on 4 separate occasions, I just an error message like this:

http://gyazo.com/11e77f1b964915aa0517a965d4fe5649.png

Any help/fix? I'm pretty close to getting another automatic payment and I can't have it take £500 out of my card! That'll drain my account..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Charles F
September 2015

Re: Everytime I try to change my form of payment to Manual, it says Er

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Charles,

These are the Payment option that Google accepts. Are you using anyone of these?
Postpay (automatic payments): American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo

Prepay (manual payments): American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo

And one thing more, You can't change your payment option from Postpay to Prepay. You will need a special permission from Google to do that.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Charles F
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hi Charles,

These are the Payment option that Google accepts. Are you using anyone of these?
Postpay (automatic payments): American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo

Prepay (manual payments): American Express, JCB, MasterCard, Visa, and debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo

And one thing more, You can't change your payment option from Postpay to Prepay. You will need a special permission from Google to do that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Ok, I'm paying with Visa, how do I change the amount it puts in/takes out when it hits a certain threshold?

I'll phone adwords tomorrow as well.