AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Establish a Max Budget for each campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I set a Max Budget (not to exceed) for each campaign? I realize that amending the daily budget can slow down the impressions and possible clicks; but I want to set a campaign budget not to exceed.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Establish a Max Budget for each campaign?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi echomark,

I'm not sure I understand your exact question.  Every Campaign must have a set budget (unless you're using Shared Budgets).  For each Campaign you set up, you'll be asked for a daily budget and AdWords will not exceed that budget in a billing period.

So the simple answer is yes, of course, each Campaign has a budget and Google will not exceed that.*

Jon

*Note that the budget can be exceeded by up to 20% on a daily basis, but that over a billing period these overspends will be evened out.

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Establish a Max Budget for each campaign?

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi echomark, 

That's a very common and genuine need of a business. The best bet for you would be automated rules. All you need to do is set up the rule -  in your case set a limit to your campaign's total spend in a given period of time and have the AdWords system send you an email alert or pause your campaign once your maximum budget is reached.

You should check out this article by one of the Community Rising Stars and this one too - these 2 articles cover automated rules in toto. 

Hope that helps,

Mini