AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Error with budgetting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set a budget of $1 for my campaign and the ad has about 50k impressions 6k views, now it says the total cost is over $400. Am I going to be charged the $400+ on a 1$ a day budget? I read up and adwords was suposed to only use up to %20 over the budget, not over %400.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error with budgetting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Justin,
Yes, the 20% overrun is standard. A $400 is not.

Where exactly did you set this $1 daily budget? Can you provide a screenshot? (and please block out any personal information)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I paused the campaign in-case I would get charged more for it.

-Edit

I set the $1 daily limit in the create new video campaign feature.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm really stressed about this at the moment. I hope I can get this resolved as it was never my intention to spend over $20 on this campaign.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Justin.
This should not have happened.
The cost should not have been more than $1.20 for that day.

Are you 100% certain that you did not have a different value in there?
If you go to the Tools menu, then select "Change History Tool" you'll see if you made any mistakes. AdWords records everything in there.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The only time I changed the budget was when I kept having mixed feelings on either having the budget at $1 or $0.07 a day.

http://prntscr.com/4dywp8

the original Campaign: http://prntscr.com/4dyx2o

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Very interesting.....
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your input I really appreciate it. I hope this wasn't and error on my part.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi Justin,
Can you call AdWords support and explain the situation?
Unfortunately, we can't look into your account to see what caused this. AdWords support will be able to look into this further. The phone number can be gotten by clicking "contact adwords" in the menu above.