AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Error message when entering billing address (Hong Kong)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

When I have chosen "Hong Kong" as billing country I have to enter my billing address on the following website. There is also a drop down menu for choosing the area. There are only the three default values "Hong Kong Island", "Kowloon" and "New Territories". Kowloon would be the correct value for my address but when I chose "Kowloon" I receive the error message "Kowloon in invalid for Area". Also other test addresses end in the same error message and also for other areas than Kowloon. It seems that on server side the default values are all not accepted. I tried it with different browsers, deleted cookies and cache and tried to change the browser's settings but nothing helped. I cannot believe that Google is "hosting" such a big script error... Does anyone has an idea what the problem is or if there is a workaround for it?

Best regards

Ying

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ying C
September 2015

Re: Error message when entering billing address (Hong Kong)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ying,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

This should be a technical issue. I've tried replicating the process (screenshot attached) and experienced the same issue as you. I'd suggest contacting the support team (info here) to get this resolved.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Kowloon.png

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ying C
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Ying,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

This should be a technical issue. I've tried replicating the process (screenshot attached) and experienced the same issue as you. I'd suggest contacting the support team (info here) to get this resolved.

Good luck,

Sumanth

Kowloon.png

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much, Sumanth! Good to see that the problem is "on the other side". ;-)
I will call them today by phone.

Best regards
Ying

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Glad I could be of help!

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as a follow-up: The Adwords support wrote to me that this is a known technical issue and they told me that I should change the language setting to chinese to go on. But meanwhile the issue obviously was solved and I could set up the billing address without any problems.

Ying

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
That's great Ying!

Good luck with your AdWords Campaigns and feel free to post questions on the community.

Cheers,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar