AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Error has occured while entering promo code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

While trying to apply a promo code that spend $25 and get $100 it tells me an error has occured.  When I try to apply a different code it tells me the number of promo codes used on this account has been exceeded.  Yet, its also telling me that my ads are not running and I've exhausted my usable funds.  Any ideas?

Re: Error has occured while entering promo code

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello erikanelly3

Welcome to adwords community, 

Promotional codes are usually only meant for new advertisers, providing an easy way to get started with the AdWords program. Therefore, these codes can only be redeemed up to 14 days after the creation of an AdWords account. If you created your AdWords account more than 14 days ago, you won't be able to redeem the code. Note that Google won't accept or replace expired vouchers.Promotional offers are limited to one per customer so it won't be possible to redeem more than one promotional code for any Adwords account. If you've already applied a promotional credit to your account, you won't be able to redeem another.promotional codes require you to meet certain criteria in order to get the monetary credit. For example, if you're redeeming a "Spend $25, get $50" offer, you'll have to apply the promo code and then get at least $25 worth of clicks in your account. After spending $25, you'll then see the $50 credit appear in your account within 5 business days. Check the terms and conditions of your offer to see the requirements.

Hope it helps you.