AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Error adding Bank Account (Card OK)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are trying to add Bank Account details into the Billings tab - however we are consistently seeing this error message:

Bank account information is invalid. Please confirm with your bank.

We are a client manager and manage a collection of businesses - all who seem to have the same issue when entering bank account details. Entering card details works fine and goes through OK. Double checked account details are all correct, we get the same error across different accounts too.

Is there an error in the AdWords system just now? Shall I just wait and add these in later?

Thanks,

Mayde

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean Pirie
September 2015

Re: Error adding Bank Account (Card OK)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

A quick update on this issue to help anybody else with the same problem.

Make sure the Billing Address for the Bank Account is the same as the Company Information entered in Billing Profile - if it differs, the bank account will fail to validate.

The main cause of this was due to some companies having their businesses registered at a different address to their card/bank details (probably due to running at a different office).

There isn't an option to add a different billing address when entering Bank Account details - I've made that suggestion to the AdWords team.

Many thanks to the escalation team who dealt with my query.

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Mayde,

Thank you for posting on our community forum. We're sorry to hear you're having difficulty with the billing activity in your accounts. I have passed your issue on yo our support tem. They will be in touch soon so keep an eye on your inbox. 

In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean Pirie
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

A quick update on this issue to help anybody else with the same problem.

Make sure the Billing Address for the Bank Account is the same as the Company Information entered in Billing Profile - if it differs, the bank account will fail to validate.

The main cause of this was due to some companies having their businesses registered at a different address to their card/bank details (probably due to running at a different office).

There isn't an option to add a different billing address when entering Bank Account details - I've made that suggestion to the AdWords team.

Many thanks to the escalation team who dealt with my query.