AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Dollar spend in an MCC with sub-accounts in different currencies?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an MCC with many sub-accounts all in different currencies. I want to know how much I spent in dollars for the current year as well as past years and also all time. The reports don't seem to do any conversions so the total spend in the reports is wrong. How do I figure out how much I spent in one currency?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Dollar spend in an MCC with sub-accounts in different currencies?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hmm....interesting point....I am not familiar with a "bulk conversion command" to one currency, or a report that does the conversion.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Mike, my MCC seems to be doing currency conversions with the Accounts.

I have several MCCs that mix US$ and UK£ and the total figure shown across all the clients, whether shown in UK£ or US$, is always a converted figure (when then total is in UK£, US$ figures have been converted).

Are you sure your figures are wrong?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cobnut,

I believe that when I look at the list of sub-accounts when I first log in that the total is correct. But I can only get data back 90 days or for all time so I need to run account reports for other time periods...say last year. When I run that report and look at the total cost I just get a tally of all the different currencies added up with no conversion. I'm sure there is a way to do this, I'm just having trouble figuring it out. What is the best way to understand what what spent last year in one currency? Thanks so much for the help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi again Mike, can you clarify when you say you "... can only get reports for 90 days or all time... "?  Where are you seeing this limitation?  As far as I'm aware, the MCC has the same set of date range choices as other areas of the AdWords interface - including a custom date chooser.  Are you using some form of bespoke report?

As I said, I'm struggling to help here as all my MCCs do what you're asking for - they convert currencies and display correctly in just one (or at least approximately given the variations in exchange rate).

Can you perhaps provide a screenshot (with sensitive data blotted out) showing the problem?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits