AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Does Google Adwords charge an admin fee?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website developer maintains my adwords and I pay him monthly for my adwords. He told me that Google charge 20% admin costs so the full amount i send to him doesnt go directly to the clicks. Is this true or is he taking this 20% for himself?

I cannot seen to find out any information on this.

He has granted me access to the adwords online so I can monitor but it doesnt allow me to see the billing information.

Please help!!! I dont want to be ripped off!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Does Google Adwords charge an admin fee?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi annekaireland

WOOO;

That's another good one!! (Among the many we, sadly,  have heard...)

Google does NOT (!!) charge a single dime above the costs of the clicks. That's a major cornerstone of the PPC. (Pay per Click).

Any additional charges, probably, go to the account manager, for his services. (Or to someone else...)

Let me quote from the Third party advertiser guidelines published by Google: (highly recommended reading!)

• You have a right to know, at a minimum, the number of clicks, impressions, and cost of your AdWords advertising.

Though, I would personally consider, a lack of transparency, as an unprofessional practice (by an advertiser), I should also note (with some caution depending on the geographic market you are targeting),  that a 15%- 20% management fee, is a reasonable number (for a medium size account),

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much for your reply. This has helped me alot as my developer told me that he is not charging me, so I have been mislead.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Google Charge only for the clicks & impression and nothing else. Ask your developer to provide you Admin access to your account and then you can add him as a standard users.
If he do not agree, then you can get more better professional to manage your account.

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 5
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
Hi Annekaireland,

You've been given the correct answer from Moshe - we don't charge any kind of admin fee. I also really like Anil's advice about getting admin access to the account so that you can see everything. Standard access would also allow you to see everything.

Finally, if you're going to use an agency to manage your AdWords we recommend that you use a Google Certified Individual or Partner, these are individuals and companies who've take the time to do Google exams. You can search for certified partners in your area here: https://adwords.google.com/professionals/search/

I hope this helps.

Ita