AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Do I get charged for Overdelivery Credits?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a bit unsure about how this works. Here's my situation. I recently started a Campaign for one of my videos with a campaign budget(campaign budget is different than a daily one, right?) of 5$. The next day I noticed that there was about 50$ added to to the Overdelivery credit tab! I quickly deleted the campaign fearing that the cost would rise and I'd be paying a lot more than what I set my own budget to. What I'm asking is, what does this technically mean? Am I going to pay 10x more than my campaign budget?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevyn R
September 2015

Re: Do I get charged for Overdelivery Credits?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

A credit is a credit, it is something you receive , not something you owe.

The overdelivery credit is like a bonus , you don't have to pay for it, this is the referrence :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6327?hl=en

"A credit we apply to your account if we've shown your ad so much that you exceed your monthly charging limit. Google doesn't charge you for these clicks and can automatically issue a credit on your invoice."

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevyn R
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community,

A credit is a credit, it is something you receive , not something you owe.

The overdelivery credit is like a bonus , you don't have to pay for it, this is the referrence :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6327?hl=en

"A credit we apply to your account if we've shown your ad so much that you exceed your monthly charging limit. Google doesn't charge you for these clicks and can automatically issue a credit on your invoice."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the quick reply!

I hope I'm understanding this clearly.. So you're saying that when they show my ad for more than I set my limit for I'm basically getting free advertising?

Also, I'm a bit wonky about how Campaign budget works.. Using my example.. If I set a 5$ campaign for one of my videos, will I ever be charged for an insane amount of my set price if my video performs exceedingly well? When the month is over, what should I be expecting to pay with my current budget?

Sorry for asking so many questions, it's just that the reference page isn't really doing it for me. Thank you once again!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The budgets of Campaigns work on a daily basis. If you set a budget of 5$ per day, in total in a month you cannot pay more than 30.4 (days on an average ) multiplied with 5 $ = 152 $.

In some days you may notice an amount of spending of 20% more than your daily budget ( meaning 6$ in your case) but this will be compensated with lower daily costs in other days , until a monthly total is below 152 $.

I do not know why that overdelivery appeared in your account. This is something to ask Google Phone Support : contact them through the numbers provided on this page 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Here is another page explaining the daily budget :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6312?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I assume the overdelivery occurred because my video, which had a 0.36 daily budget (created for testing and seeing if I wanted to try this out) accumulated over 4k views in less than a day...

But seriously, thank for for the clear responses and I'll put all of this info to good use.