AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Discreptancy in number of clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I check my client's transaction history, I often encounter a situation where the number of clicks for a given date (e.g. 16 May) will be listed differently the following day.  To explain:

Assume that I check the transaction history on 17 May.  The number of clicks for 16 May is then shown as 2.  When I check again on 18 May, the number of clicks for 16 May is then listed as 6.

Of course the cost is not the same and the balance I gave the client on 17 May is also incorrect.  I specialize in AdWords for micro businesses who are all on manual payments and this causes not only confusion but also mistrust among my clients.

Why does this happen?  Is there a way to overcome this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giel d
May 2016

Re: Discreptancy in number of clicks

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
The data in the dashboard is not real-time. Based on 10 years of experience, I would say it is captures most of the data to within a couple of hours or so, but certain data isn't totally compiled until late afternoon of the following day. I also give it at least 24 hours if I am pulling Google Analytics data into the AdWords dashboard.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giel d
May 2016

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
The data in the dashboard is not real-time. Based on 10 years of experience, I would say it is captures most of the data to within a couple of hours or so, but certain data isn't totally compiled until late afternoon of the following day. I also give it at least 24 hours if I am pulling Google Analytics data into the AdWords dashboard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you,
Is it possible that time zones can also make a difference? I am based in South Africa which is 6 hours ahead of EDT.

If this is the case, do you suggest I allow 2 days to make sure all data is captured?