AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Discreptancy in number of clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I check my client's transaction history, I often encounter a situation where the number of clicks for a given date (e.g. 16 May) will be listed differently the following day.  To explain:

Assume that I check the transaction history on 17 May.  The number of clicks for 16 May is then shown as 2.  When I check again on 18 May, the number of clicks for 16 May is then listed as 6.

Of course the cost is not the same and the balance I gave the client on 17 May is also incorrect.  I specialize in AdWords for micro businesses who are all on manual payments and this causes not only confusion but also mistrust among my clients.

Why does this happen?  Is there a way to overcome this?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Giel d
May 2016

Re: Discreptancy in number of clicks

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
The data in the dashboard is not real-time. Based on 10 years of experience, I would say it is captures most of the data to within a couple of hours or so, but certain data isn't totally compiled until late afternoon of the following day. I also give it at least 24 hours if I am pulling Google Analytics data into the AdWords dashboard.

Re: Discreptancy in number of clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you,
Is it possible that time zones can also make a difference? I am based in South Africa which is 6 hours ahead of EDT.

If this is the case, do you suggest I allow 2 days to make sure all data is captured?