AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Diff bet CPC Bid Limit, Def Max. CPC at AdGroup & Max CPC at KW level

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I can have a Campaign level CPC Bid Limit at $5, a Default Max. CPC at Ad Group (within that same campaign) Level at $7 and Max CPC at Keyword level (within an ad in the same Ad Group) at $9. And this is with Campaign level set with Automatic Bid strategy. Is that possible?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Diff bet CPC Bid Limit, Def Max. CPC at AdGroup & Max CPC at K

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rajeshwar,

Automatic bidding will help you to get the most possible clicks within your budget. It is not possible to set individual CPC bids with automatic bidding, but you can set a maximum CPC bid for your entire campaign, if you don't want to exceed a particular price for each click. Find more information here.

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak,
Well I tried to create a setup the way I described it and I was able to do it. Adwords didn't stop me from being able to create a Campaign level CPC Bid Limit at $5, a Default Max. CPC at Ad Group (within that same campaign) Level at $7 and Max CPC at Keyword level (within an ad in the same Ad Group) at $9. So now I am confused as to what would be used as a limit here?
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you are using Automatic bidding, then your campaign level CPC bid limit will be used.

You can switch to manual bidding, if you want more control and want to place individual bids at keyword level.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472712

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you please point me to the documentation where it says that in case both Campaign CPC bid limit and Max CPC at the keyword level are present, which limit is used? The link you provided in your last message doesn't mention which option is used in case of both Campaign level and Keyword level limits. Thanks Deepak.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Rajeshwar,

Please refer the link in the first reply, under 'CPC bid limits for your campaign' which clearly states - "It isn't possible to set individual CPC bids with automatic bidding"