AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Destination not working Error by Google Bogus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting tired of wasting my time (time is money for consultants and marketing professionals) trying to comply with Google Policies just so they can come up with another bogus issue for effecting my campaigns. I have a client site that took weeks of going back and forth with Adwords support to comply with policy guidelines that they couldn't identify and which are impossible to determine from their support pages, only to have the campaign stopped for over 4 days and counting because they claim that the destination is not working. I of course resubmitted and got no response. BTW the site was never down. 

I finally called and they confirmed that the site was running but that I need to resubmit and ad to restart the review process. I asked why if I am talking to Google would I have to do this again. (BTW, on previous conversations I was told not to resubmit for review once I did submit because that would delay review>) The support person in India was useless and claimed he would call me back when it was resolved and I am still waiting. Also their portal has been slow for months and updates I do to campaigns are not saved when I submit them. This is a third rate product and support is pathetic.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lou,

Sorry for your experience. If you could, please use this complaint form and send in all of your thoughts, feelings and experiences with AdWords and AdWords support. This will allow the upper tier team to understand your viewpoint. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lou,

I completely sympathise with this. My client send me a raft of new campaigns they wanted. and I (now kicking myself for) made a tweak to all of the UTM's on my final URL's - so changed all of my 200 ads, now here is the crazy thing - around 130 get accepted, apart from the last 60 of them. i have now wasted hours trying to fix this, I've now reverted to the old copy word for word, and they are not being accepted. TIME IS MONEY. I have done exactly the same on Bing and - guess what!!!!! - all went through fine. Is there an issue with Google today and ad approvals???!