AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Delete card from cancelled account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to delete a credit card from a cancelled account. There is no money owed in either direction. How can I do this without adding another payment method?

O

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Delete card from cancelled account.

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Oliver,

In case of automatic payments, removing a card wouldn't be possible unless you add another. I think it is designed that way since the account cannot serve ads without a valid CC. However, if the account is cancelled and there isn't any outstanding balance, leaving the card details shouldn't be a problem. You can be rest assured the card wouldn't be charged unless the account is activated.

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sumanth, Thanks for your reply. Sounds like they haven't made it possible. I'm not particularly worried that they will charge the card, more that it's just another instance of my card details floating on the internet. I'm sure they say it's completely safe, but then, so does every company until there's a security breach. Personally, I'd rather have control over my own sensitive data. Anyway, thanks for the info. Cheers, Oliver

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have cancelled my account months ago but my card is still being billed each month and I have to work with the credit card company to get the charge deleted. This takes time. When can I expect Google to stop billing me? It even shows as a cancelled account if I try to login.

STILL BEING BILLED ON A CANCELLED ACCOUNT

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I cancelled my account months ago.  My Amex card is still being billed monthly.  Every single month I have had to have Amex contact you to investigate the charge and you take it off.  When will this billing ever stop?

Re: STILL BEING BILLED ON A CANCELLED ACCOUNT

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Marilyn R,

Welcome to Advertisers Community!

I can understand your frustration. But let's first understand a few possible scenarios for such charges -

• The account may not have been cancelled - Log into your AdWords account and to verify this. Do you see a notification in the interface confirming your account is cancelled?
  • You may have another AdWords account - Take five minutes to recall if you had another AdWords account which might be running still. 
  • Check for notifications in your email. When you are charged for AdWords, you usually get an email confirming the same. Do you get that? If so, log into your AdWords with the same email id where you get such notifications and check if the account is cancelled. 
  • Your cancelled account may have pending payments - If there was any pending dues before the account was suspended Google will try charging you for the same. And you are getting it cancelled from the Bank every time, the payment still remains pending. Make sure you have cleared the dues all at once and you won't be charged after that. 
  • This payment may be for other Google services, not necessarily for AdWords - Check for the name in your card statement. Does it give you any clue that it's for AdWords? If not, recall if you are using other services like - Play Store Subscription, Google Apps etc. 

If none of these help, contact Google AdWords support. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Marilyn,

Being charged every month could mean there's an active account. Can you recollect using the card in multiple accounts? In that case you'll have to find the account and stop your campaigns to avoid further charges.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/plain;" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro","sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
I am retired! I have no other accounts! Okay we'll have American Express continually decline the charge like they've been doing for months and Google has approved the declination. 

I've read a lot of Google responses to many issues on this forum and see it's very hard for you guys to admit error. No surprise.....

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Marilyn,

Have you contact the AdWords team about the issue? You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, thank you and I am getting no where. Best Regards, Marilyn Rodgers *http://mrodgers-elements.com *