AdWords
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Delete Adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I setup an Adwords account for testing - our company decided we are going to start using Google Adwords, but we are going to have the main account attached to the owner of the company, and then I will be added with administrative access.  When the owner tries to give me access, it says that I can only have one Adwords ID associated with my Google Apps for Business account.  How can I fix this?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Warning: AdWords interface instructions or screenshots in this thread may be out of date as we move to the new AdWords experience.

LEARN MORE

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Delete Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Nathan,

You'll need to remove your email address from your own account before you can associate it with another account. It's a multi-step process.

1. Get a throwaway email address from gmail (or anywhere).
2. Log into your personal account.
3. Send invitation to the new email address.
4. Log out completely from all Google properties.
5. Click on the link in the email (the new address)
6. Select "I already have an account" and continue.
7. This adds the new address to your account.
8. Log out
9. Log back in with the old address.
10. Confirm the addition and promote new user to admin
11. Log out completely.
12. Log in with the new address.
13. Remove your old address from the account
14. Log out completely
15. Proceed to accept invitation to the new account. (Select "I already have an account")

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is a stunning response for a basic account management question. Has nobody walked through the use case of an admin shutting down a company and starting a new one? You are one of the worlds leading software companies, correct?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Dennis,

You just can't use the same email address for more than one account. If you are going to be managing more than one account, an MCC account is the way to go. That will give you access to multiple accounts with a single login. Each account managed by an MCC will need to be created with a unique email address, usually the client's email address. You can the attach your MCC to that account.

You'll still have to do all that stuff above, but instead of adding yourself to the company account, open an MCC account then attach it to the company account.

I am not one the world's leading software company. Just a volunteer trying to help you accomplish your goals.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
awesome! in & out in & out...but it does the job. thanks man!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
helped me too. Thanks Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Very helpful Pete, it worked! Thank you. Bit of a crazy process on Google's end, but it gets the job done.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
One more thing. You can take out your credit card if you are on manual billing. If you are on automatic billing, you'll need to contact Google to switch it back to manual.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i did this and the other account has admin access, But it won't let me delete myself as the administrator. I HATE GOOGLE ADWORDS. This is a terrible user experience.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks! nice post! Big help.

Crazy, that Google has not corrected this