AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Limits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set a daily limit, but see that I've been charged more (as much as 18% more, although it varies) each day - that can't all be taxes, why am I getting charged more?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Daily Limits

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

There are many factors which could contribute to higher spending on some days of the week. Please the Google explanation on that below quote from this reference:

AdWords helps you maximize your return on investment (ROI) by looking out for days when search traffic is higher, and then showing your ads more often on those days. When this happens, your total daily cost could be up to 20% more than your usual daily budget – but AdWords prevents your campaign from overspending for the month as a whole based on a monthly charging limit.

Hope that helps somewhere in understanding!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Just thought this might help also. In addition to what Pankaj1782 posted,  Google will try to ensure that you are getting the most from your campaign and that your ads are displaying to the highest potential (i.e. in line with your daily budget)

For example, if your daily budget is US$10 per day, and you've accumulated US$15 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$12. AdWords uses a monthly charging limit to prevent you from accidentally getting overcharged.

More usefu informationl can be found here.

Hope this helps

s

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Emergencycarema,

Welcome!

This is typical behavior.  If you take a look here: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6312 you'll note this information:

"To help make sure that your ad can run a little more on days when it's very popular, your daily budget is used like an average: on any single day, you can receive up to 20% more in costs than your daily budget, but other days will be capped at a lower amount to make up for it. This is called overdelivery. "

If the overages are too much for you, you could adjust your budget to what makes sense for you.  Google may overdeliver on certain days but will attempt to make up the difference on slower days.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

There are many factors which could contribute to higher spending on some days of the week. Please the Google explanation on that below quote from this reference:

AdWords helps you maximize your return on investment (ROI) by looking out for days when search traffic is higher, and then showing your ads more often on those days. When this happens, your total daily cost could be up to 20% more than your usual daily budget – but AdWords prevents your campaign from overspending for the month as a whole based on a monthly charging limit.

Hope that helps somewhere in understanding!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys,

Just thought this might help also. In addition to what Pankaj1782 posted,  Google will try to ensure that you are getting the most from your campaign and that your ads are displaying to the highest potential (i.e. in line with your daily budget)

For example, if your daily budget is US$10 per day, and you've accumulated US$15 in costs on a given day, you'll only be charged US$12. AdWords uses a monthly charging limit to prevent you from accidentally getting overcharged.

More usefu informationl can be found here.

Hope this helps

s