AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget Overcharging? Please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had created a campaign for a video with a daily budget of 2.50. I had the video unpaused for not even a day, when I returned from work I had almost 2000 views of the video, but also says the total cost is 159.49 how is this possible? I thought The maximum amount I could be charged for any given day was 2.50. Can someone please tell me whats going on? Thank you very much! - Shane

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Daily Budget Overcharging? Please help!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are correct;

The maximum daily charge  will not exceed the daily budget by more than 20%. (To compensate on days with low spending.)  The total monthly charge will NOT exceed the daily budget * 30.4 (30.4 = average  days per month)

I have the feeling, that you set a daily budget of $250. Double check!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’