AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Daily Budget Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

We are currently running 2 Campaigns simultaneously. The 1st Campaign has a daily budget of $250 and the 2nd Campaign at $130 (which is also Limited by Budget). We are not even approaching our daily budget total of $380. In fact, we have been stuck under $200 for quite some time.

My question is whether or not it would be worthwhile to adjust the bids to be within the same amount or simply lower the bids for particular keywords? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance! 

Kind regards, 

Jordan

Daily Budget Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jordan. Hard to give specifics with such limited information. Are the campaigns profitable? If you never hit the budget on the first campaign why not put more into the other campaign and still stay at or below the $380?

For keywords are there any stand outs that convert like crazy? If so yes bid those up. Also go through the search terms to see what is triggering people to see your ad. Any search terms that keep repeating that make sense for your business and convert add those to your keyword list and consider bid adjustments, for the search terms you don't ever want to be displayed for add those as negatives so you don't waste money.

For instance you may sell ICE hammers and you see your ad is displayed multiple times for SUN hammers. That is just wasted money. Or you may see search term "best ice hammers" and you may consider adding that as an exact keyword.

Daily Budget Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I was just curious if Google weighs the better performing ad and gives it more authority as to just increasing the budget of the other campaign. We have very specific keywords we bid on so our kw list is fairly specific. I wanted to know if there is an option to split the rotation of the Campaigns or to allocate more of the budget on certain days to Campaign#1 and on others to Campaign #2? Is this possible? Just curious to know. Thank you in advance!  

Re: Daily Budget Issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Are those specific keywords profitable or just brand protection? In any case you could use automated rules and come up with something that would work for you. Maybe by choosing which days of the week or certain actions that happen or don't happen.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 7.29.17 AM.png