AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Credit for Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, If i want to change my credit card with another one in my Adwords account, what happens if I added credit a day before? Do I lose that money, or is it transferred to the new card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Credit for Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome to our growing community,

According to HELP CENTER:

Adding, changing, or updating your form of payment

Things to keep in mind:

• You can edit all details for your form of payment except for the credit card or bank account number.
    • If your credit card has expired and you receive a new credit card with the same account number and an updated expiration date, you'll want to edit your card details -- not add a new one.
    • If the number of your credit card or bank account has changed, we consider this to be a new credit card or bank account. You'll need to add it as a new form of payment. Then, remove your outdated form of payment.
    • You don't need to re-enter your CVV number if your credit card number stays the same or your CVV number changes

So if you meet all the requirements above, whatever funds you have successfully transferred from your credit card to your AdWords Account will remain and you can use that as available credit to run your ads.

More Power,
Loraine

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Credit for Adwords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome to our growing community,

According to HELP CENTER:

Adding, changing, or updating your form of payment

Things to keep in mind:

• You can edit all details for your form of payment except for the credit card or bank account number.
    • If your credit card has expired and you receive a new credit card with the same account number and an updated expiration date, you'll want to edit your card details -- not add a new one.
    • If the number of your credit card or bank account has changed, we consider this to be a new credit card or bank account. You'll need to add it as a new form of payment. Then, remove your outdated form of payment.
    • You don't need to re-enter your CVV number if your credit card number stays the same or your CVV number changes

So if you meet all the requirements above, whatever funds you have successfully transferred from your credit card to your AdWords Account will remain and you can use that as available credit to run your ads.

More Power,
Loraine