AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Credit card is not accepted

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I am trying to set up a new credit card to make payments, but it is declined with an error message "Correct this card info or try a different card".
Thing is, the info is correct, and I already use this card for paying facebook ads, so the card is valid and with enough credit.
Please advise

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @parapolitika2016 p,

For various reasons mostly associated with international payment difficulties or taxation, Google does not accept every and each credit card. The real question here is the financial organization that issued your card. My best guess is that yours is one of those questionable credit cards and FB may well pursue a slightly different acceptance policy than Google. The difference may be rooted in different corporate interpretation of regulatory compliance requirements. I'd note that the question is a bit off topic in this community because it may be associated with IRS regulations.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @parapolitika2016 p,

For various reasons mostly associated with international payment difficulties or taxation, Google does not accept every and each credit card. The real question here is the financial organization that issued your card. My best guess is that yours is one of those questionable credit cards and FB may well pursue a slightly different acceptance policy than Google. The difference may be rooted in different corporate interpretation of regulatory compliance requirements. I'd note that the question is a bit off topic in this community because it may be associated with IRS regulations.

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So, AdWords' broken "Edit / Add payment method"menu is not an issue for Google? It asks to choose a payment method before clicking next, but gives no options to choose from, making it impossible to follow the process.

That's enough reason to fire a developer: people want to give money to Google but the system doesn't let them, what a sad situation to have in the 21st century.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Border line, @James B, that's what I would say. While there is some definite valued logic in what you are saying, that drop-down menu I'd bet would be way pretty long. Just imagine the astronomical number of banks and other financial institutions around the globe that have a contract with major credit cards and regularly issue cards to their customers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

So is it possible that credit card VISA is acceptable but VISA GOLD card type not accepted?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @YZIpet y,

It is. As I said above it does not depend on the card type, but on the financial institution that issued your particular card. If the organization has suspicious background, chances are your card will be rejected. However, it's like a drugs list, we in the forum are not really familiar with the chemicals that are currently on the list. That's typically beyond our expertise.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I have the same problem in Greece but I don't think that is bank related problem.

I'm trying to use 3 cards (all mastercards) from major and top banks here in Greece "Ethniki" and "Alphabank", but the system says "correct the data of this card or use another card" or "abnormal length of CVC"?!?. I'm convinced that the problem comes from the side of adwords because these two banks are the most popular here and if adwords can't accept their cards means that is impossible to do business in Greece.

I've tried deleting cookies, cache, different browsers, different computers, different IPs but nothing works.

There is nobody out there that can help me with this please? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you explain the fact that I was using the one of those cards until it expired and the system isn't accepting this very same card with the new expiration date provided by the bank?

I'm really frustrated by all this and don't know what else I can do! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I have the same problem on my Mastercard. I have to put an authorisation number in from my bank. Which Google Ads does not provide for.

How am I supposed to advertise?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Me too, same problem. trying to update my card. the billing address changed and the date of expiration only. changes are not registering. I am in a loop telling me the accurate information is not right. am on a Citi crd so please, it is not a problem of iffy cards or beingin out of the US