AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Find out more about Google Ads billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Credit Card billed but Adwords doesn't show balance

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I am new to Google Adwords, was starting from today. Adwords sign up process guided me through the sign up and I had to add my card and my first campaign, all okay.

However, after adding everything, google deducted $50 + tax from my CC (my cc history takes time to show transactions so I can't know instantly if I am billed or not) and I received an email from Google Adwords that my payment is received. But it wasn't showing up in my account billing page. After an hour, my ad was rejected, in fact, it wasn't there at all, just gone like a ghost. Anyway, I thought maybe google didn't charge me yet, I tried to add another $50, successfully processed and displayed in my account.

After a few hours, I checked my CC history and google charged me twice, $50 each, while I only have $50 in my account right now.

Would anyone point out if I might have done anything wrong on the first try? If I didn't do it wrong, then where is my first transaction? Is it refundable? If yes, how?

My CC History:

http://i.imgur.com/Q59lP58.png

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junaid A
August 2016

Re: Credit Card billed but Adwords doesn't show balance

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Junaid A,

I think you are moving too fast for Google and your credit card to sync up. Please wait until Monday afternoon and then recheck your credit card statement and your Google AdWords billing section and see what appears. During weekends and other special times, all of your billing data can take a little to refresh/sync. 

Also, if you submitted one payment... and then another, you should end up with $100 total credits to be applied against future spending. Your ad has nothing to do with your credit card payments concerns so we will discuss ads below after we discuss billing. 

To help you better understand Google AdWords billing, let's review. 

1) Log in to AdWords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. If a payment was successful, it will state that is was and show the amount paid in the credits column. If it did not go through, it will list the amount it tried to process but the credit column will be empty. If the credit column is empty, no charge was made against your payment method and you need to resubmit the payment. It typically takes 24 hours for AdWords billing to clear a payment and post it. Also, often when I make a payment, nothing will appear but if I refresh the page (or click on campaigns and then back to billing... it will appear. 

Ads: If you created an AdWords ad and it was rejected, it would still show (unless you removed it or changed something after the fact). You can learn more about fixing a disapproved ad with this Google Help FileIf you go to your AdWords account and click on Tools at the top of the screen and then click on Change History, you can review what was done.

Also, if you click on Campaigns, then click on Ads and change the drop down menu (above the RED BOX +Ad) to all ads, you will see the disapproved ad. If this is set to all enabled or all but removed, you will not see any disapproved ads. 

Take a look around and let us know what you discover and if this helped you.

Kind Regards,

James 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Junaid A
August 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Junaid A,

I think you are moving too fast for Google and your credit card to sync up. Please wait until Monday afternoon and then recheck your credit card statement and your Google AdWords billing section and see what appears. During weekends and other special times, all of your billing data can take a little to refresh/sync. 

Also, if you submitted one payment... and then another, you should end up with $100 total credits to be applied against future spending. Your ad has nothing to do with your credit card payments concerns so we will discuss ads below after we discuss billing. 

To help you better understand Google AdWords billing, let's review. 

1) Log in to AdWords.

2) Click on gear icon in upper right corner.

3) Click Billing.

Now you will see all the main info about debits and credits, which is where payments and charges are charted. If a payment was successful, it will state that is was and show the amount paid in the credits column. If it did not go through, it will list the amount it tried to process but the credit column will be empty. If the credit column is empty, no charge was made against your payment method and you need to resubmit the payment. It typically takes 24 hours for AdWords billing to clear a payment and post it. Also, often when I make a payment, nothing will appear but if I refresh the page (or click on campaigns and then back to billing... it will appear. 

Ads: If you created an AdWords ad and it was rejected, it would still show (unless you removed it or changed something after the fact). You can learn more about fixing a disapproved ad with this Google Help FileIf you go to your AdWords account and click on Tools at the top of the screen and then click on Change History, you can review what was done.

Also, if you click on Campaigns, then click on Ads and change the drop down menu (above the RED BOX +Ad) to all ads, you will see the disapproved ad. If this is set to all enabled or all but removed, you will not see any disapproved ads. 

Take a look around and let us know what you discover and if this helped you.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @James
Your response was very helpful. I know about the payment transitions and transaction update interval. But I thought I should get help before it's late.

About the first payment, as you can see in my screenshot of my CC history, it shows the first amount however the Billing page on Adwords doesn't show even a failed transaction. What I expect is that Google Adwords must state a reason somewhere of what happened to the transaction just to be hopeful. However, my second payment was processed immediately and shown in payment history.

As you suggest, I'll wait til Monday evening and then recheck. Anyway, in case my CC transaction is not refunded and my Adwords account credit is also not updated to $100, what should I do then?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Junaid A,

You are very welcome. 

It will all settle out correctly. Just give it more time. Please let us know after Monday afternoon how things look.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The credit has been added to my account now. Thank you @James_Clemens for the help.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Junaid A,

That is great to hear. 

Best wishes on your business success and please let us know how things go. 

Kind Regards,

James