AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Find out more about AdWords billing options, forms of payment, and promotional codes
Guide Me
star_border

Coupon ..google charged me before my credit on coupon had run out.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My account was charged and rolled that into the balance of the credit I had remaining on a coupon code.

The coupon was good for 3 months.Meaning through July of 2014.

Since I have automatic payments all I needed to do is to enter the code by it's expiration date and start advertising. I met the necessary criteria in the promotional material and the 100 dollars was applied to my account. Once I used up my promotional credit all of my advertising costs would then be charged to the form of payment entered into my account. I had not used up the 100 dollar credit when you charged my account. I was watching the amount of credit daily keeping a close eye on it not to exceed that credit so I would not be charged. Yet I was charged and then this was added to my credit balance.... Please explain.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 888hoosier
September 2015

Re: Coupon ..google charged me before my credit on coupon had run out.

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi 888hoosier,

The best thing for you to do in this situation would be to get in touch with your local support team as they would be able to look at the specifics of the account.

But from the sounds of things, your situation was as follows: account is running, you applied the credit of $100, and soon after you were charged on automatic payments.

This sounds normal. Promotional credit can only be used towards future advertising and cannot be used to cover past advertising costs. This is outlined in the Community here as well.

Kathleen